Author Topic: Coins in General Roman specific  (Read 1403 times)

Noarth

• View Profile
Coins in General Roman specific
« on: January 05, 2014, 06:35:56 pm »
Do we have any coin collectors onsite?  I am just sorting my coins I have been collecting since a child with no knowledge. I have a few foreign coins.. most notably my Roman coin I bought online years ago without any real knowledge.  On the main side I am wondering if any Canadian quarters circa 1970-current are worth collecting.  I have mine sorted but unless they are the silver content ones prior to 1969 it seems they are worth nothing other than face value.  Most of my special ones (ie Kings heads etc) are pennies but I haven't sorted them yet.  Just looking for an answer on my quarters post 1969 and maybe an opinion on the worth of my Roman one pictured here. Thanks for any help at all at this point so I can put them away or sell them and start on my pennies.  Noarth

mart

• View Profile
Re: Coins in General Roman specific
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 07:21:20 pm »
http://www.calgarycoin.com/modern/cd25cent.htm

Scroll down here for modern coins !!  Sad to say that it looked like your quarters and our US quarters are about the same !! Except for a few,,only good for spending !!  The site I gave would be good for you to keep on your desktop for reference on Canadian coin values !!
Ipcress can help you with the Roman coin probably !!

Ipcress

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 08:15:25 pm »
Looks like an Antoninianus. Claudius obverse, Mars with spear reverse.

Not worth a great deal because they're regularly found by metal detector enthusiasts

Should be able to check Ebay for prices

Noarth

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 08:40:46 pm »
Thanks guys... I sorta knew that from the limited research I'd already done but wasn't sure if I was researching correctly.  Guess I'll just  keep the best 2-3 from each year for future reference and sell the rest. Going to ck Ebay as I don't usually as I thought those sellers were always overpriced.  Thanks again...

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 09:38:21 pm »
Thanks guys... I sorta knew that from the limited research I'd already done but wasn't sure if I was researching correctly.  Guess I'll just  keep the best 2-3 from each year for future reference and sell the rest. Going to ck Ebay as I don't usually as I thought those sellers were always overpriced.  Thanks again...

You are right,, they usually are but look at the ones being bid on,,not just the asking prices which are usually high !!  That will give you an idea if there is an interest in them !!  Ebay can tell you what is actually selling by looking at completed sales !!