Author Topic: Collectable picture frames  (Read 3551 times)

Kieron

• View Profile
Re: Collectable picture frames
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2014, 04:26:51 am »
Thank you Mart, Icedgold10 and Greenacres, I am sorry for the delay in replying I have been working.

Mart:  Sadly the link did not open, could I please ask what you searched as I had not had any luck finding any - we hoped it was Chanel but I was not 100% confident due to the slightly poor mark so didn't want to look too naive.

We have been given quite a few, they are very nice so we will probably keep them although we are limited with space so sadly most of them will stay in a box, maybe we could use them occasionally for a different wedding gift or similar.

Thank you all for giving up your time to try and help us out - we appreciate it.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2014, 02:28:46 pm »
Do you mean for the ARI sterling frames or the Chanel that the link wouldn`t open ??  The ARI is marked 925 on back for sterling silver !! Was worried you might not know they were silver since you posted them all as pewter !! Let me see if I can find a link for Chanel frames !!

Kieron

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2014, 04:55:07 am »
Hi Mart

You were correct, I didn't know, I have my strengths on this planet but antiques etc is not something I am familiar with.

The only link which I managed to open was the one posted earlier for eBay France.

We are thinking that we will probably keep them and gift some but if you have even the vaguest of ideas on potential value we would be interested, on the back of one of the silver ones there was a price sticker of £89, my best guess would have been that that was bought by my late mother-in-law around 15-20 years ago as I seem to remember her collecting them from antiques fairs around that time.

Lastly (and sorry to be a pain) I'm guessing that it is only the ones which are marked as Chanel which are made by them?

Thanks again - we have been really impressed by peoples kindness and keenness to help.

Thanks

Kieron

Kieron

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2014, 05:12:48 am »
Sorry - I have now looked up the ARI company so now know that they are made by different manufactures.

Ta

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2014, 10:20:02 am »
Yes two different designers !! Not sure what the silver market is doing now,, I would think that even melt value would be good !! I would just google the designer name and value and see what others are selling for !! Be sure to put sterling in that search !! (ARI sterling frames) or something similar !!  I did not find any frames by Chanel but that doesn`t mean they are not out there somewhere !!  Maybe there were only a few produced as clothing and accessories were her main focus !!

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2014, 10:30:02 am »
Check ARI D. Norman. That may help you.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."