Author Topic: Can someone tell me what this is that I bought?  (Read 6336 times)

icedgold10

• View Profile
Re: Can someone tell me what this is that I bought?
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2014, 12:58:34 pm »
wow icedgold aren't you just excited thinking it could be?   How did you find him?
I know hoping that he is in that same class is wishful thinking but I'm a dreamer.  Always look at the cup half full but even some of the lesser ones I saw ran around $800-$1200  so it is a win either way where I only paid $4.99 for him at a Goodwill.  Interesting things at those stores sometimes.  LOL

icedgold10

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2014, 01:00:47 pm »
I found out what he is.  RELIQUARY GUARDIAN FIGURE  African.  Was attached to a box at a funeral.  Would be very sweet if he is in the same company as these  http://www.christies.com/LotFinder/searchresults.aspx?action=search&searchtype=p&searchFrom=auctionresults&entry=RELIQUARY%20GUARDIAN%20FIGURE

Not the same quality or age unfortunately !

see if this e-mail address still works. Let me know if not

christine.valluet@wanadoo.fr
I just sent her a picture and it hasn't been bounced back.  So it hopefully still works.    You have to admit my figure has personality...lol

Ipcress

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2014, 01:26:21 pm »
Sure does !  ;D

My initial feeling was that it was a tourist / export piece or maybe a child's copy of his father's work.

The market is saturated with them though and there are genuine rarities out there.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2014, 01:32:59 pm »
wow icedgold aren't you just excited thinking it could be?   How did you find him?
I know hoping that he is in that same class is wishful thinking but I'm a dreamer.  Always look at the cup half full but even some of the lesser ones I saw ran around $800-$1200  so it is a win either way where I only paid $4.99 for him at a Goodwill.  Interesting things at those stores sometimes.  LOL
depending on which way you look at ....a half full cup..could be a half empty cup . ;D
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2014, 01:39:07 pm »
I found out what he is.  RELIQUARY GUARDIAN FIGURE  African.  Was attached to a box at a funeral.  Would be very sweet if he is in the same company as these  http://www.christies.com/LotFinder/searchresults.aspx?action=search&searchtype=p&searchFrom=auctionresults&entry=RELIQUARY%20GUARDIAN%20FIGURE

Not the same quality or age unfortunately !

see if this e-mail address still works. Let me know if not

christine.valluet@wanadoo.frjavascript:void(0);
I just sent her a picture and it hasn't been bounced back.  So it hopefully still works.    You have to admit my figure has personality...lol
i,d agree with you there...unlike the  doubtful Dinah,s.... ;D
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2014, 04:52:46 pm »
Glad you found it !! But I sure would not have thought Africa as the source of it !!

fancypants

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2014, 09:26:05 pm »
Good score there , iced !
" Methinks me the 'mental' in sentimental .... "