Author Topic: Thanks forum !  (Read 12735 times)

Dewain

• View Profile
Re: Thanks forum !
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2014, 11:43:17 am »
I'am south of you' Still injoying the Ice & snow.

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2014, 12:37:39 pm »
Thank-you Ed, I know that it was a difficult decision, but I agree, it had to be done. Let's get back to antiqueing!
Antiqueaholic in recovery

Ipcress

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2014, 01:02:24 pm »
Well many thanks for the kind words and messages ! Very flattering and whilst i have to admit it's unfortunate that Wull is banned ( maybe it's temporary and he can return when in a more amenable mood ? ) he was the only reason for leaving. Alpha males, eh ?

Anyway. As Tales said - lets get back to the antiques !

fancypants

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2014, 01:08:04 pm »
Yes , let's quit freakin' & get back to 'tiquein' !

Welcome home , Ipcress !
" Methinks me the 'mental' in sentimental .... "

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2014, 01:13:23 pm »
Thank goodness, I know when I ask you something you know what your talking about. I never questioned that. :)
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

artx

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2014, 01:21:08 pm »
 :D

icedgold10

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2014, 03:37:22 pm »
Welcome home  ;D

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2014, 07:42:41 pm »
Well,, I have thought about this and worried about this turn of events all day !! Like I said above we all have our little niche here,,each and every one of us !! When one person is missing it seems like things are somehow incomplete !!  I am attached to everyone here and sometimes I wonder if that's a good thing !!
Yes, I know Bigwull can be a cantankerous, ornery old goat,,(and I say that lovingly) but he is our old goat !!  I also know his other side which is quite different !!  I sincerely hope that this can be worked out in some way !!  I don`t want to lose anyone !!

icedgold10

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2014, 07:48:31 pm »
Glad you said that Mart.  It's just the way he comes across sometimes people don't understand he doesn't mean any harm or ill will.  He doesn't mean anything personally to offend.  He is just a colorful personality.  He is a very nice person and I too hope maybe things can be worked out somehow.  Families argue then they make up.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 07:54:09 pm by icedgold10 »

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2014, 07:09:37 am »
Now you can part times get by with joking, poking fun or talking dirty and nasty to family and old friends ...... but you don't do the same to strangers or "nubies" because they will usually ALWAYS ..... tell you to go to hell and walk away.

And any casual viewers that witness such tripe and who have been procrastinating the posting of a "question" will surely not do so out of utter fear that they will suffer the embarrassment of belittlement and/or flouted ignorance.

And I don't care how "expert" the forum members are or how much pot they smoked or how much weirdo music they listened too, ...... without questions from strangers and "nubies" there would be no forum .... but simply a private club of "show n' tell" braggerts.

And I'm not a "johnny come lately" on this issue because I told Bigwull essentially the same thing as above via private message 3 or 4 months ago and told him to cease with his crapolla.

I have nothing else that I can do except sit and entertain mysell and this forum is one of said.

Cheers 

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2014, 03:01:59 pm »
As an "oldie" on here, I feel led to say a word or two because I Truly love this site...

The purpose of this forum is to be a site that all kinds of people with all kinds of interests and backgrounds can come to and feel fairly comfortable asking a question and/or lending an answer (well-be-it wrong or right) without being berated.  Unfortunately, that isn't what was happening in many instances and plenty of feedback was received on this over time.
This wasn't any easy decision but one that was essentially "made by itself"...and a necessary one for the integrity of the forum.

I commend Ed on continuing to keep this forum the top notch forum that he envisioned and started many years ago. Little did he know that it would become the No 1 site with so much traffic. Helping maintain the forum over the years has become a big job with spam, viruses, program glitches, members,  etc.  Ed has maintained this all for the love of antiques and freely shared it with all of us. (This site isn't his bread-n-butter.) Railman44 and talesofthesevenseas have helped him moderate the site over the years due to the volume the site has generated after becoming so popular -  in order to maintain that 'friendly "go to" place' and I am grateful for the time they have freely given.  (Yes, I have just stepped in to help.  After all the years of knowledge, entertainment and friendships on here, I felt it was time to give a helping hand.) 

So, let's enjoy this great community of young/old, newbie/oldie and go antique and vintage sleuthing!

I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Dewain

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2014, 03:23:17 pm »
There are very few ''Free'' Blogs & this is number one. we have lost some good people along the way. some left for what ever the reason. others passed on. Kerrybee the pottery expert. Texas Badger  military gun's etc. & some I can't remember.

regularjoe2

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2014, 05:33:45 pm »
I'm quite glad that we've got this cool little website to particpate in .

As with everyone who comes here , we're here , all free-of-charge , due to the good graces of the owner/admin of the site , Ed .

Any member can exercise the right to 'give' +karma or -smite any other member , as a sort of 'opinion poll' kinda deal , as well as take the option to click the 'report to moderator' button on any posting (they one can give a breif explanation -or none- to the mods & admin , as to the reason of their notification) .

I'm happy to use the 'report to mod' button , when it seems (to me) an issue with a posting is present , including , but not limited to spammers , postings that ought to be posted elsewhere on the forum & etc.  ... I've always gotten great responses to doing so , and still leave it to the admin & mods to decide if any action on a posting is due . I'm more than pleased to let those good folks decide what's what , when it comes to preserving the great nature of this forum .

Not to overdo it , but perhaps it might be worth thinking about putting a new topic , up in the 'sticky' area @ the main header of the forum page , concerning 'forum etiquette' , so as to have a location for the members &/or admin/mods to direct those who might be in doubt about such things ?

« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 05:43:14 pm by regularjoe2 »

Ipcress

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2014, 06:15:09 pm »
Smited in the last few minutes.

::)

icedgold10

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2014, 06:18:39 pm »
Are you serious?  I noticed you had 3 now.  When was the last one?