Author Topic: Unusual Treenware Mixer?  (Read 6971 times)

cogar

• View Profile
Re: Unusual Treenware Mixer?
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2014, 02:43:20 pm »
Tooth fairy?????????????

During those 4 years living on the farm I don't recall Santa Claus ever coming around, let lone a Tooth Fairy slipping in.

I do remember one special Christmas though, it was because one of my older brothers showed up and brought with him a humungus big battery (probably a car battery) .... and he went upon the bank and cut a pine tree, stood it up in the corner of the big room, put a string of light bulbs on it and hooked them up to that big ole battery.

And lordy, lordy, ..... it lit up with all those purty colored lights which was an amazing sight for me to see.  ;D ;D 

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2014, 11:16:41 am »
Sound like the same experience my hubby had when electric lines were run out here !! Said the kids spent hours flipping the switch off and on !! 

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2014, 11:03:51 pm »
Great story cogar! 

We didn't have much growing up but we were happy and very easy to amuse with the simpler things in life!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2014, 07:54:49 am »
You think todays kids would understand that ??  They have no imagination !!

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2014, 01:05:06 pm »
Abstract thinking is a prerequisite for one having an "imagination".

Diagnosed cases of autism has increased from 1 in 10,000 thirty (30) years ago to, i believe, 1 in 8 being the latest figure i seen.

The watching of children's TV programs during the past 25 years has not been conducive to the nurturing of the ability for one to engage in abstract thought .... primarily because said TV programs are not designed for the viewers to "interact" with what is being broadcast, .... therefore no logical thought or deductibe thinking is required for enjoyment of watching said TV ...... and thus no nurturing of said mental attributes occurs.   

Any child that has limited abilities of "interacting" with other children or adults are thus diagnosed as being "autistic".   ;D ;D ;D

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2014, 02:28:10 pm »
You are quite right Cogar !! You know I do not ever remember a case of ADHD when I was in school !! It didn`t exist !! And if it did,, one thought of that paddle the teacher had at his desk cured it !!

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2014, 05:12:05 am »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D