Author Topic: Gulf Oil Can/Drum  (Read 1397 times)

Smokey596

• View Profile
Gulf Oil Can/Drum
« on: March 07, 2014, 04:58:26 pm »
This is a 5 gallon Gulf oil can/drum...quite a bit of rust and wear on it. I've done some looking around online and seen similar items but nothing exactly like it. Does anyone have any idea if it's got any value to anyone as is? Should I try to sell it or just pitch it?  Thanks for the help!

rdelgallo

• View Profile
Re: Gulf Oil Can/Drum
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 05:18:13 pm »
I definitely would not throw it away. If you were going to do that, send it to me first!
There are collectors out there who collect just oil/gas memorabilia, even transportation guys may like it.

I personally like it. Not sure on an actual value but I could foresee someone asking about $25 at a swap meet.

Smokey596

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 06:06:12 pm »
Thanks for the input. :)

I just bought my house a year ago, and I recently had a guy doing some work on it. He found this in the crawlspace. He was pretty interested in it. I told him I'd give it to him in trade, ha ha! He set it aside and forgot about it, and honestly after he was done with the work I was glad to be rid of him (long story), so it's still out in the garage. So...I really would have no idea what to do with it.

rdelgallo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 06:18:08 pm »
Worst comes to worst, throw it on Craigslist! I'm sure you could get a few bucks for it.

I have a smaller Mobile 1 Oil Can that I bought at a flea market, was in bad shape so I cut the lid off and now use it as a trash can while I'm working in the garage.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 06:51:01 pm »
Gulf Harmony was hydraulic fluid !! Only came in 5 gal and 55 gal. drums !!  Try it on craigslist at $30. but $25 is about right !! Oil & gas is pretty hot right now thanks to American Pickers !!

Smokey596

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 08:40:40 pm »
Ah! Hydraulic fluid! Thanks for that additional information. Couldn't hurt to post it on Craigslist and see what happens. I'll keep you updated!