Author Topic: eBay pictures displaying in low quality  (Read 9214 times)

Ocky

• View Profile
eBay pictures displaying in low quality
« on: March 08, 2014, 04:55:19 pm »
hullo,

im in need of some help. everything i list on eBay uploads very low quality images, compared to the ones i upload, the colour and quality is is very poor. typically an image i upload is 1.7mb, and the one that is displayed on the listing is just 20-30kb. obviously when selling antiques displaying detail is very important.

i spent some time talking to eBays customer service but was given a list of incorrect facts

here is an example of the difference in quality of a Sevres cup i sold last month

if anyone knows why this is or knows of a solution to it, i would be most greatful

mart

• View Profile
Re: eBay pictures displaying in low quality
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 09:58:18 am »
http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/how-to-take-product-photos/index.html

Looks like your lighting is one of the problems,,glare on top and shadow below !! And you are standing above the cup rather than level with it !! Try reading above for ebay help !! I never use anything larger than 1000kb for ebay pics !! You can also help by working the pics in your photo imaging program before listing, I crop all unnecessary background !!

buenavides1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 08:11:37 pm »
What type of camera are you using?

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 12:16:35 am »
Like Mart suggested/stated - I see that your lighting is an issue.

Try taking a picture with natural light (no flash).  Agree that you need a level shot. 

Also, if you are having problems with the picture showing up well - use a fabric background.  Search how to make a photo box and try that for smaller pieces like this!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!