Author Topic: Can somebody identify this signature? Keith Haring influence? Trained eye needed  (Read 2847 times)

benbenny

• View Profile
I have three paintings from the same artist.. I have really a problem to encode the signature to identify the artist. It also looks like they have numbers 91 and 94 behind the signatures but not sure of that.  If they are numbers they could point to a year like 1991 and 1994 but I could be wrong and it's part of the signature. I also would like to know what the story is in some of the paintings like the Blue Dog for example. The animals look to scary to be dogs, looks more like a blue wolf or some kind, what do you guys think?  I also find that they have a Andy Warhol, Keith Haring influence. They measure 77x56cm (30x22 inch)
They use to be framed but I took them out of the frames and wanted to replace them paintings with family pictures. I don't hope I made a mistake by taken them out of the frames.

Thank you for helping
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 04:24:48 pm by benbenny »

benbenny

• View Profile
Re: Can anyone read this signature? Trained eye needed
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 12:41:41 pm »
it is titled the left corner and reads Delancy or Delaney Street  # 4

it looks like there is a number after the signature looks like 94 or 97 to me, or is it part of the signature???
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 04:21:07 pm by benbenny »

benbenny

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 12:42:54 pm »
blue dogs

benbenny

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 12:45:37 pm »
The title of this one reads Blue Dogs # 1/2

and after the signature looks like a number 91

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 12:46:30 pm »
Looks like Delancy Street to me as well!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

benbenny

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 12:51:31 pm »
This title also read Blue Dogs but is numbered # 2/2

after the signature it is numbered 91  
I could be wrong, I'm not even sure that those are numbers behind the signature. Maybe it is part of the signature
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 04:01:30 pm by benbenny »

benbenny

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2014, 12:52:55 pm »
blue dogs 2/2

benbenny

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2014, 12:55:05 pm »
Looks like Delancy Street to me as well!
Hi and thank you for helping.
I just searched Delancy street in maps and it brings me to New York USA. So is it a American Artist or a UK artist ???
 ??? a bit confused I just look at the paper and it has a watermark reading T H Saunders England... But that says nothing because I just search on th net and found out that Saunders a manufacture is of watercolor paper.  
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 02:22:40 pm by benbenny »

Ipcress

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2014, 02:24:09 pm »
Where are you located ?

*edit -  scratch that - just read the title and had missed an e off.

Not bad actually and the low print run is a bonus. Where did you acquire them ?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 02:35:24 pm by Ipcress »

benbenny

• View Profile
hi Ipress, what do you mean with - just read the title and had missed an e off.??
I life in London UK and I bought them here in a local boot sale. I thought they were prints in the beginning because they were very dusty so could not see them clear and didn't expect nothing from a bootsale .  It was more for the frames that I bought them. But now that I took them out the frames I realized that they are paintings and signed by artist. What do you think Ipress?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 03:58:39 pm by benbenny »

mart

• View Profile
https://www.google.com/#q=blue+dog+paintings

Don`t know if the sig. is his but you should hope so !!

benbenny

• View Profile
https://www.google.com/#q=blue+dog+paintings

Don`t know if the sig. is his but you should hope so !!
I don't think it's his work.
that's george rodrigue I already had a look at the signatures 

Ipcress

hi Ipress, what do you mean with - just read the title and had missed an e off.??
I life in London UK and I bought them here in a local boot sale. I thought they were prints in the beginning because they were very dusty so could not see them clear and didn't expect nothing from a bootsale .  It was more for the frames that I bought them. But now that I took them out the frames I realized that they are paintings and signed by artist. What do you think Ipress?

Well there's a Delancey Street in Camden - that's what i meant by missing the e off. Lots of artists round Camden Town.

Chritstian name looks like Nic or Nick. Surname begins with an S

mart

• View Profile
Pic of sig was too light for me to see !! Perhaps whoever did these is a UK copy cat !!  But if I remember right,,there was someone else on the Blue Dog series !!  May have been another artist but I mean in an Andy Warhol factory of sorts !!

benbenny

• View Profile

Well there's a Delancey Street in Camden - that's what i meant by missing the e off. Lots of artists round Camden Town.

Chritstian name looks like Nic or Nick. Surname begins with an S
It woold make sense, in Camden town are a lot of artist. But I don't think that it reads Delancey street .
But there are not enough words to spel delancey street. Think is Delancy street like KC said. I studied thee signature and I did come so far. 
Nic St... and the other words I can't read