Author Topic: Antique trunk  (Read 1906 times)

umichaa

• View Profile
Antique trunk
« on: March 18, 2014, 08:59:36 pm »
Hello,

As this is my first post, let me thank everyone in advance for the help they may provide.

I recently purchased a garage full of items, one being an antique trunk.  There is really no identifying mark anywhere, other than the portrait of the woman inside.  It is on small casters.

I have come across a few trunks throughout my life, and actually have a military trunk from my grandfather, but I have no knowledge of them.  That said, I am interested in learning what this trunk is and whether it would be worth restoring... I have the ability to do it myself if the project is worth the undertaking. 

I also have a few others items I am curious about, and I will be posting them in separate threads... Thanks again for any info.

Brandon

umichaa

• View Profile
Re: Antique trunk
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 09:21:53 pm »
Wanted to add:

The top is SLIGHTLY domed...
There is a divided tray... The is divided about 1/3 of the way across, and the smaller section has what appears to be part of a top to it, although it only covers about 1/4 of the small section... The tray has the same type of covering material as the rest of the box...

I will post a picture of that tomorrow morning...

Thanks,

Brandon

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 03:28:31 am »
Your pictures are too small to see,

EDIT/MODIFY your 1st Post and upload the picture to it via "additional options"..... or paste the .jpg links in your first post and click the "insert image" tab so that each url is bracketed with the [img] tag.

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 11:39:23 am »
Thanks. I thought it was me not knowing what do.

umichaa

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 12:27:20 pm »
Hello,

Hope these are better...

umichaa

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 12:49:58 pm »
Any ideas?  I was hoping the latch and/or picture might be recognizable to someone, but maybe not... do you think it's just some run of the mill trunk I should resell to the "highest bidder?"

Thanks,

Brandon

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 03:06:55 pm »

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 07:53:52 pm »
Its a pretty common trunk and similar to many others !! The good thing is you have the tray,, most are lost over the years !!  Almost all had some sort of pic like yours does !!  If it were me I would clean it up and resell as is !! Most don`t bring enough to justify spending money on !!