Author Topic: Weimar Porcelain Sugar and Creamer - Need Info Please  (Read 1228 times)

mopho12

• View Profile
Weimar Porcelain Sugar and Creamer - Need Info Please
« on: March 19, 2014, 08:37:52 am »
Hi I found this cream and sugar set at an antique store over the weekend and need some help identifying the pattern. So far I know that is Weimar Porcelain and according to my research the mark on the bottom dates it somewhere between 1905 and 1945 (big date range I know). Unfortunately all of my searching on the internet has taken me to dead ends trying to find what pattern it is or narrow down the date more. If anyone could help me identify this I would greatly appreciate it :)

Thanks in advance!

mart

• View Profile
Re: Weimar Porcelain Sugar and Creamer - Need Info Please
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 09:11:25 am »
Scroll down a little over halfway and you will find your mark and a bit of history !!  Yours has the small "Germany" !! Not all of these had pattern names nor were records kept showing the exact year made !! You might try looking at replacements.com and see if this one was named or sending them an email & pic for help !!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 09:13:04 am by mart »

mopho12

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 04:40:45 pm »
Thanks I am going to try replacements and see if they can help me match it up. If it doesn't have a pattern name or an exact date is there any reliable way of pricing these? I've never tried to sell any porcelain before so I'm not sure how I would go about asking a fair price.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 06:26:24 pm »
Unless extremely scarce and rare these sets rarely bring much money !! There were simply too many made and unless someone has this particular pattern and is looking for these pieces,,chances are about $20. is what it will bring on a good day !!  For that reason I rarely buy items like this for resale unless its dirt cheap !!  Try looking at ebay and see if they have anything by this factory !! Don`t look at start prices,, look and see if any are actually getting bids and what those are selling for !! You can also look on the left side and check "completed listings" for final values !! That will tell you what they actually sold for and you can see those that didn`t sell as well !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 06:58:08 pm »
Unfortunately, agree, these are far too frequent on the market.

Rule of thumb, don't buy anything for resale unless you REALLY like it! 

To get replacements help you to id it would be great if they can find it!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!