Author Topic: Noritake Tea Set  (Read 1463 times)

texan46

• View Profile
Noritake Tea Set
« on: April 18, 2014, 08:01:49 am »
I have a tea set (from the 1920's I think) that I need help finding the pattern name.  It's white with pale yellow and gold overlay.  The design is pagodas.  I have attached pictures. The mark is the red M inside a wreath which I found was from the Marimura factory.   There are no numbers which would have helped identify the pattern  !!!!

Any help is much appreciated.  Thanks  :)

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Noritake Tea Set
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 10:29:09 am »
Hi!  Beautiful set.  Fortunately/unfortunately you have a nice set of Noritake made by the Morimura Brothers (A New York distributing company).  The reason that said is they made hundreds and hundreds of patterns that weren't marked.  "Made in Japan" was designated for imports in 1920. and the M in the center was used until 1945.  So that is the window of when yours was designed.

Your best best, if someone doesn't recognize it right away on here, it to go to Replacements LTD and let them help identify your set.  Let them know that you have this set and that you are interested in identifying the pattern because you register for notifications if they ever have pieces come in of the pattern...because you wish to add to your set!  This is a service they offer free for people who want to add to their sets! 
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

icedgold10

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 04:26:34 pm »
I would try looking through this site   http://www.robbinsnest.com/noritake/     I saw one that was similar on Ebay called the Pagoda but it was multi colored.

texan46

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 02:07:06 pm »
Thanks for the information.  I contacted Replacements.com and they found the patterns.

Tea Set is Noritake pattern N780

Celery Dish and Salts is Noritake pattern N1732

« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 02:29:25 pm by texan46 »

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 07:25:01 pm »
Yay!  So glad you found out!  Replacements is amazing!

I looked for a couple of hours while baking yesterday with no luck.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!