Author Topic: Ginni's Bohemian Reference Site is Moving  (Read 2080 times)

ginni

• View Profile
    • http://www.ginni.com/collection
Ginni's Bohemian Reference Site is Moving
« on: May 05, 2005, 04:07:06 pm »
Aloha All,

I see my Web site posted regularly here to use for identifying Bohemian and Czechoslovakian porcelain.  The site has out grown its subdirectory status on my personal domain.  I have completed re-building the original pages and it is now ready to use.  Yes, there are many under construction pages for new sections, but all the old stuff is there.  I hope the new site is easier to navigate than the old.  

New: www.CollectorsCircle.com

Old: www.ginni.com/collection

Mahalo,  
gs
Bohemian Reference Site

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 12:47:30 pm »
Yes, yes, and yes.  I love it.  Could spend a morning just browsing.  Your site has been a favorite resource on Bohemian and I am one who's referred others.  It should be required reading for anyone even thinking of buying whether auctions on internet, or your local antiques mall.  Of course it's in my Favorites - today I perused the fakes - part 1.  An education.  Thanks.  This took a lot of work on your part.    Kerrybee :D  

ginni

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005, 09:56:17 am »
Aloha Kerrybee,

I see where you post my Web site here and on another site.  I almost feel like I know you because I see your ID with my site so often.  

Mahalo!  
gs
Bohemian Reference Site

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2005, 02:46:51 pm »
And you've probably guessed that I am in love with European porcelain - to the point of perusing sites even when I'm not researching for someone - I love that whole genre of "Bavarian".  Anything with roses on it gets my heart a-pumpin'.  I feel like I know you also, from your own posts.  And Chris Marshall who worked closely with me for a looong time to identify a fake porcelain that was coming frequently into e-bay.  

Fakes have proliferated I suspect along with internet buying habits perhaps?  And along with antique "malls" where you don't have the shop owner available on site ?  

Education is the key.

All I can add is that I'm glad I'm kinda' poor.  Because if I were rich I would soon BE poor as my house would be filled to the brim with gorgeous porcelain, and glass.  -   Thanks -  KB

Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2005, 09:01:30 pm »
Hi ginni.........and I have also bookmarked the new site.............

Thank you so much for the always informative input. The more time I spend in this business, the more I realize just how much I really don't know. The field of antiques seems to have put us into different categories of learning.

My mother in law (who is 85 and still operating) got me started in this business 40 years ago. I still learn something from her every day.

Congrats on the updated web page and  continued success into cyber space.

"The wisest mind has something yet to learn"
...........George Santayana

Guest_D&B ANTIQUES

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2005, 05:05:14 pm »
a HA' I'AM NOT TO BE LEFT OUT' I TOO BOOKED MARKED THE SITE.  NEVER KNOW WHEN I might need some HELP!

ginni

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2005, 03:06:35 pm »
Aloha again,

Ah, the fakes, they really get to me.  Many are not really fakes, but become fakes because sellers do not do their home work in identification.  I have a little bit of information on fakes, especially Angelica Kauffmann and royal vienna - no, I can't even capitalize the words.  

Angelica Kauffmann

and

Imperial and Royal Porcelain Manufactory, Vienna

See ya!  
gs
Bohemian Reference Site