Author Topic: Help with Antiques - Lots of pictures  (Read 1655 times)

Rare87GT

• View Profile
Help with Antiques - Lots of pictures
« on: April 22, 2014, 09:37:33 am »
I have done some extensive research but I'm proud of my mother's Victorian home and I am in charge of the estate as far as getting the most out of items as I can so I came here.  Lots and lots of furniture and woodwork and light fixtures.  The home was built in 1880 and I'd just love some insight.  I've of course looked up fretwork prices and fireplaces.  But I've had an appraiser walk through the house to help give me a good idea, but there are still many wonders.  I am going to post up some pictures to show you guys and hopefully I can feel more confident when I have people come over trying to buy and not ripping me off.

Thank you for your help in advance.

-Amir

Link to picture slideshow:

http://s919.photobucket.com/user/Rare87GT/slideshow/1880%20Victorian%20Home

gg27

• View Profile
Re: Help with Antiques - Lots of pictures
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 11:45:37 am »
I'm not sure what you're asking for here.  The fretwork, casings, staircase, light fixtures etc, would they not stay with the house??  It's nice that they haven't been painted, I spent 14 years stripping white paint off all the woodwork that we salvaged from other houses to put into our victorian house.
As for the furniture, I didn't see anything that was extraordinary, all nice usable pieces that just need to be cleaned up.
If you post individual pics here, we can help you out, but some of our members can't access a slide show like yours.  GG

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 12:31:07 pm »
I like the fretwork and other architectural items and they would bring some money in a demolition sale but I am sure your leaving the house intact. I thought I saw a leaded glass bookcase but did not have time to stop the show. That stained glass window is really unusual for that era if it is from that era. Please post individual pictures of the furniture and fixtures if you could. Like GG22 says many of the members can't view Photobucket due to slower connections in rural areas.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 05:47:01 pm »
The mirror is what you call a "Horse Collar" mirror.  Would need to know more about it to give a $$.  Picture of back and any marks.

Same on floor light and other pieces.

My big question, are you deconstructing the house?  Are you selling the house? 

Where are you located? (Victorian homes sell better with the Victorian elements in them.) However, location makes a difference!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Gladys8it

• If music be the food of love....Play on
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 07:32:36 pm »
Hi Amir,
Lovely items; but that lampshade in the second slide is - I'm almost 100% certain a mid century tiered lamp shade; definitely not original to that floor lamp; which is very nice by the way.

Cheers,
Gladys :D
Nora "AKA- Gladys8it"

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 07:58:52 pm »
Hi there Gladys and welcome to the group !!  The person that made that post has not been back !!  I am not sure that getting info about the items was what they had in mind anyway !! If you noticed the other members were somewhat confused by the pics !! I did not see all the pics but I am sure you are right if its a tiered shade !!
Anyway, glad to have you join us and hope you enjoy our forum discussions !!