Author Topic: Gold plated and smoked glas table from Oman  (Read 1909 times)

gerspee

• View Profile
Gold plated and smoked glas table from Oman
« on: May 03, 2014, 03:15:35 pm »
Just bought this table and little cabinet . Gold plated and bought in Oman years ago by the last owner . Was stored when back in the Netherlands for years in wooden protection box the glass . But get it home on Monday so was not able to find a name or so off the designer . Also a certificate has to come from the owner who bought it and was given this when bought new in Oman . The cabinet with the three glass plates was also in this buy today .

But me are very impatience so any clues maybe off the designer on these pictures ?  
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 03:29:24 pm by gerspee »

mart

• View Profile
Re: Gold plated and smoked glas table from Oman
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 11:29:41 am »
What do you mean "gold plated" ?? I don`t see anything that I would consider designer quality !!  Pretty common form with nothing to distinguish it from other industrial types !!

gerspee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 12:37:01 pm »
The whole frame is gold plated with real gold so a small fortune has been paid there by him in Oman for this set . That's why the certificate will tell more if I get it . The industrial design is also used by known designers like Willy Rizzo . http://www.1stdibs.com/furniture/tables/coffee-tables-cocktail-tables/gold-plated-coffee-table-style-willy-rizzo/id-f_924612/# . And the age off the set is also 70.80 time last century .

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 12:58:55 pm »
Then you had better get the paperwork because gold should not stain like I see in the pics !!

gerspee

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 02:13:13 pm »
The stains on the table (picture 2) Are me and the camera in reflection . The other cabinet pictures are the result off a cleaning action from the former owners wife with ? So will be able to see what made the stains tomorrow on the cabinet . The table frame is without stains and shiny like gold  ;D

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2014, 03:33:03 pm »
Even the one in the link says "in the style of" not made by this designer !! So basically they are saying its a look-a-like table !!

gerspee

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 03:56:46 pm »
But that's the nicest about this link that when I.am even bought a table in the style off the value is very nice compared to what I paid . With also the possibility that it is from a designer and not a copy off so maybe higher value then a copy .  Oman is a oil country very rich and the people there do like there specials so designer stuff would have done well there . But I have to wait to see the table and cabinet properly and hopefully the certificate will be found soon . This was given to the last owner when he bought this in Oman for a lot off dollars . It must give the name of the maker and more about the gold used  ;D

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2014, 06:49:41 pm »
Hope you are right but get that paperwork !! You need to be able to prove what you say !!  I certainly would not pay ten grand for a "maybe" piece !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2014, 08:14:20 pm »
Hope you get the paperwork!  It is needed to help validate the pieces.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!