Author Topic: AJAX Sexton Can Co. Industrial Barrel found in Barn unique & old need help  (Read 1097 times)

whalewaves

• View Profile
AJAX Sexton Can Co. Industrial Barrel found in old barn. 18" across & 26" tall Red paint and metal with mounted outside vertical ribs and rivets
Engraved into metal is the number 18 - Reg US PAT OFF - Sexton Can CO

I cannot find anything about this Old barrel or information related to it. ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated

The barrel weighs about 25-30 lbs it has 2 side handles that hang down with a chain attached to one handle
Someone told me it may be from AJAX laundry powder shipping container or storage from the early 1900's ???

The uniqueness of the mounted on the outside ribs with rivets seems to make sense that its older and pieced together rather then 1 weld.

If anyone can help me with this and needs anymore information please message me anytime Thank You Tim

mart

• View Profile
18 is the size !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Could be this Sheet Metal Barrel that they hold the patent # US 1733243
https://www.google.com/patents/US1733243?dq=sexton+can+company&hl=en&sa=X&ei=I1aBU_76L9OhqAb98ILgCg&sqi=2&pjf=1&ved=0CEMQ6AEwAg

If you go to US Patents and Search Sexton Can Company, they hold numerous patents from aerosol cans to garbage/waste receptacles to containers that hold explosives.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 08:44:08 pm by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!