Author Topic: RH Macy Chair  (Read 1124 times)

Vwdoyle

• View Profile
RH Macy Chair
« on: May 28, 2014, 09:52:44 pm »
Hello Everyone,

I am new here and already love the site.  I am always on the hunt for information on my weekly finds from estate sales.  I was unable to find anything on this chair.  I am only assuming that this was sold through an old Macy's store.  If anyone could shed some light on the history and value of this chair I would very much appreciate it.  This was found at an estate sale in Seal Beach, CA and the owner didn't have any info on it. 
Thanks guys.  I will be prowling on here consistently now that I have found you.

mart

• View Profile
Re: RH Macy Chair
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 07:50:48 pm »
Hi there and welcome to the group !! Glad to see you enjoy it !!  Your hall chair is in the Jacobean Revival style,,first quarter of the 20th century !! Hard to pin down a date !!  Some refer to these as Gothic Revival !! Value would depend on the condition of the chair and your location !! Here in Texas,, these high backs do not sell very well !! But if you go with the Gothic theme,, you may find a larger audience !! There are many that like the Gothic style !! Would sell better in a metro area !!

Vwdoyle

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 09:46:23 pm »
Thank you for the info Mart.  I know a guy who is really into the Munsters and loves the Gothic style.  I believe I will send him a photo.  Talk to you guys later. 

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 10:31:02 am »
Hope it does well !!