Author Topic: Wicker Chairs  (Read 1121 times)

roamingbuckscounty

• View Profile
Wicker Chairs
« on: June 03, 2014, 07:49:59 pm »
Hello! First post here, very excited that this forum exists and I look forward to hearing from everyone.

I'm currently cleaning out a large house in Pennsylvania and helping the owner to sell her items on various platforms like ebay, etsy, and craigslist. We came across 3 chairs that appear to be wicker. Not in great shape as you can see from the photos. My question for anyone who could help is if these chairs would be worth anything to a collector in the condition that their in. I like them and I think someone else out there may enjoy these too. Hopefully I can decide the best way to sell these with your help. Thank you in advance!

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
Re: Wicker Chairs
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 01:39:47 pm »
I have seen a lot of these where I live at the Jersey Shore. I always called them wrapped rattan chairs but thats not the right name for them  They are rarely in good condition when I see them. In this area they would bring around 50 dollars for the pair. Someone may correct me but I think they are from the mid 20th century. The fancy rolled wicker from the late 1800s and early 1900s, especially Heywood Wakefield, brings the best prices but even those have fallen in recent years in my area. I find people shy away from what they are afraid to sit on.

roamingbuckscounty

• View Profile
Re: Wicker Chairs
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 07:19:13 pm »
Thank you for the response! This will help move me in the right direction for these, thanks again..:)