Author Topic: Help! Incredible fauteuil-type chair/loveseat - matching chairs & rocker  (Read 1918 times)

zaele

• View Profile
Need some help (quickly) identifying the origin and value of this piece (and the matching pieces i referenced)...here's a first pic. Any ideas?

Thanks!

LINK: http://i.imgur.com/GnndXI4.jpg

mart

• View Profile
Identification is close to impossible !! There were many of these Victorian sets made !!  Would need to see all the pieces and know the condition for a value !! They are not expensive !!

zaele

• View Profile
Thanks for looking. I truly appreciate your time. Here is a link to an entire online album of the four pieces:

http://imgur.com/a/rmTn5#UfAod2m

(p.s. the multiple exclamation points throughout in your post were amusing)  :)

mart

• View Profile
 :D  Its just the way I am !!  You should read my posts when I really get going !!

cogar

• View Profile

(p.s. the multiple exclamation points throughout in your post were amusing)  :)

And here I was thinking you were interested in your furniture.  ::) ::)

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Cogar, made me laugh out loud!  Literally!

I know Mart and I have driven a few people nuts with exclamation marks on here over the years.  But, at least we are full of expression in real life and on the forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
This appears to be a set from about 1930 or so when some mfrs were trying to revamp the Victorian era !!  Casters also look from that period or perhaps a bit later.  A late part of the Victorian Revival !! The quality is only from the mid priced range !! Figures are poorly done with little detail !!  Because you used the link I could not see all the pieces  but furniture from this period is not in high demand and is fairly reasonably priced !! Value in most areas would be around $400. for the 4 pieces !! Its saving grace is that you have all of the pieces !!

mart

• View Profile
Cogar, made me laugh out loud!  Literally!

I know Mart and I have driven a few people nuts with exclamation marks on here over the years.  But, at least we are full of expression in real life and on the forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL !!  We Texans can get expressive,, can`t we KC ??

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Yepper!  :)
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

jacon4

• collector/ student of early american furniture
    • View Profile
!!!

mart

• View Profile