Author Topic: Ship's wheel from Hitler's yacht the S.Y. Grille  (Read 1029 times)

signmezoom

• View Profile
Ship's wheel from Hitler's yacht the S.Y. Grille
« on: July 11, 2014, 03:56:46 pm »
I have acquired the ship's wheel from the S.Y. Grille Hitler's yacht given to him in 1938 by the German people. I need to see if anyone has pictures of it while installed on the helm. It was acquired by Harry C. Doan when he acquired the rights to scrap the ship. He died at age 78 and left it to he wife Mrs. Harry Doan. She in turn died and left it to a friend of mine in her will.It is about 46" in diameter.

fancypants

• View Profile
Re: Ship's wheel from Hitler's yacht the S.Y. Grille
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 09:52:55 am »
I've seen a couple of postings for pics of the Grille for sale on Ebay (searching for 'S.Y.Grille') , signmezoom .

With the purchase of the Grille by North American Marine Salvage/Doan Salvage Co. a matter of public record , one might also just try & get at least a copy of the will , so as to include it within the provenance of your ships wheel .
" Methinks me the 'mental' in sentimental .... "

signmezoom

• View Profile
Re: Ship's wheel from Hitler's yacht the S.Y. Grille
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 05:19:41 am »
Yes I have searched all over the internet trying to get pictures of the Helm to no avail. The lady is going to try to contact someone in Germany who may help and yes that is a good idea getting the will as the lady who inherited the wheel did the will for her. I hope she mentioned it was the wheel from the Grille. Thanks