Author Topic: Help with a necklace- Is it worth anything?  (Read 1070 times)

UnKnown

• View Profile
Help with a necklace- Is it worth anything?
« on: July 27, 2014, 02:23:43 pm »
Hello!

I bought this necklace from a yard sale as a child, and remember an older woman browsing the sale who said "...But that's an antique!".

I honestly have no idea if it's an antique or not, but I didn't want to donate it until I know for sure. Thank you so much for looking!

mart

• View Profile
Re: Help with a necklace- Is it worth anything?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 02:43:22 pm »
Now I am not a jewelry person so wait and get some other opinions but I do remember these from the 40`s & 50`s !!  The giveaway is the hook clasp !! These were not used on better quality pieces but were sold at lower end department stores and five and dime stores !! There would have been a short length of looped chain on the other side to hook into !! Looks like it is missing from yours !! They are simple rhinestone or paste jewels !! That said,,there is a market for these on ebay !! Some even collect them !! Since yours is missing the chain,,maybe $5. !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 06:39:28 pm »
Agree with Mart that the necklace is missing the chain...and looks that it could be missing a few pieces of rhinestone.

As is...people like my neighbor buy these and upcycle them into beautiful creative pieces.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

UnKnown

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 03:10:18 pm »
Thank you both for your help!