Author Topic: Minton Golden Fern Bone China  (Read 1356 times)

kamidarlene

• View Profile
Minton Golden Fern Bone China
« on: July 28, 2014, 10:06:23 pm »
Hello all,

I am in need of a little insight on the Golden Fern bone china that was sold by Minton.

I was recently given 12 place settings (dinner plates, salad plates, pie plates, teacups, and teacup saucers) of this lovely china from a woman who previously owned my home and had no use for it. However, we were merely acquaintances so I have no way of getting in touch with her to ask her about it.

I was hoping maybe someone could tell me about how old the china is. Maybe some history on it as well.

Also, I will not be keeping all of this china because I will never have a use for 12 place settings. I am interested in selling some of it, but I am clearly not an expert and I have never owned any china in my life. The pieces I have are in excellent condition. They look as though they have been used only few times. I apologize for the pictures in advance for they are not the best quality and the lighting isn't too good either.

Does anyone know a value on this china, what it would be worth?
I would really appreciate insight from someone who knows more about china than I do!:)

joemg311

• View Profile
Re: Minton Golden Fern Bone China
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 12:30:20 pm »
This pattern was manufactured between 1946 - 1959. As for value, it isn't crazy. You can see some have sold on ebay. Sold separately they are going anywhere from a couple dollars to $10 a piece however there are plenty up for sale at the moment and not a lot sold recently so there is not a very large demand for it.

mart

• View Profile
Re: Minton Golden Fern Bone China
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 01:43:32 pm »
Its kind of a shame to split up 12 place settings !! Its a nice pattern why not keep it and use it !!  Its not such an expensive set that you couldn`t use it for everyday ware !!