Author Topic: columbiana item  (Read 3822 times)

aokchris592

• View Profile
columbiana item
« on: August 16, 2014, 03:52:18 pm »
my dad brought a item home the other day
he has asked other lots of people what it is and knowone knows what it is
he says its something that was used in the oil and gas industry (he thinks hes not 100% sure)
ive looked on the internet everywhere to try and find this item and nothing exists

can someone tell me what this item is and what its worth

im trying to add pictures but they are not uploading

« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 04:08:42 pm by aokchris592 »

mart

• View Profile
Re: columbiana item
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 05:20:13 pm »
Which item are you talking about The round metal object that looks like a smudgepot ??  What does it say on front ??
I am guessing you are not talking about the evener and singletrees for a two horse hitch !!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 05:26:28 pm by mart »

aokchris592

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 05:48:38 pm »
Which item are you talking about The round metal object that looks like a smudgepot ??  What does it say on front ??
I am guessing you are not talking about the evener and singletrees for a two horse hitch !!

im talking about the pump looking thing

it says columbiana
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 06:49:29 pm by aokchris592 »

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 06:39:02 pm »
You didn`t say what was written on it !!

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 02:31:23 am »
I'll guess and say it might be an "anti-knock" thingy for a water line.

The round thingy is sealed and has air in it. When the water is turned on to the input line it will compress the air in the "ball" to whatever the water pressure is. Turn the faucet on and the water pressure drops in the output line and thus the "pressurized" water starts flowing in the input line. And when the faucet is "shut off" the pressure of that flowing water has to go somewhere. And it does, right up into that "ball" and the air inside acts like a "shock absorber".   

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 09:19:38 am »
What are the rest of the words ??

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 01:17:20 pm »
Betting this is Columbiana Pump Co out of Columbiana Ohio, Mart!  From what I can make out!

I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 01:52:17 pm »
Well, then what Cogar  said may be correct !! I admit,,I have never seen a water faucet handle on anything oil & gas related !! And I am here in oil country !! But Columbiana made many hand/pitcher pumps for wells and homes !! If the well was any distance from the house you would need an anti-knock thingy,,as he called it !!
Is there a number on this ??  Could look it up by that !! Pics are too big for me to enlarge !!

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2014, 03:18:03 am »
 A natural gas (pipe) line will oftentimes have a large cylinder (looks like a hot-water tank) connected in-line ...... and they are called “separators”.

They have on the inside a “float control” valve (like in a commode tank) and their purpose is to “separate” the moisture (water) that is in the NG. The valve opens and closes depending on the “water level” inside the tank ….. and when it gets high enough it will “trip” that valve and the gas pressure will force the water out of the tank via a “bleeder” pipe without any loss of NG.

aokchris592

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2014, 08:30:53 am »
What are the rest of the words ??

I thing it says columbiana ohio

A natural gas (pipe) line will oftentimes have a large cylinder (looks like a hot-water tank) connected in-line ...... and they are called “separators”.

They have on the inside a “float control” valve (like in a commode tank) and their purpose is to “separate” the moisture (water) that is in the NG. The valve opens and closes depending on the “water level” inside the tank ….. and when it gets high enough it will “trip” that valve and the gas pressure will force the water out of the tank via a “bleeder” pipe without any loss of NG.

Me and my dad talked to a auctioneer around here he has been in business for years he said it was a NG seperator I was wanting to get a couple more imputs on it

Do you think its worth anything?
Also there is oil in the top of it

aokchris592

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2014, 08:41:48 am »
Well, then what Cogar  said may be correct !! I admit,,I have never seen a water faucet handle on anything oil & gas related !! And I am here in oil country !! But Columbiana made many hand/pitcher pumps for wells and homes !! If the well was any distance from the house you would need an anti-knock thingy,,as he called it !!
Is there a number on this ??  Could look it up by that !! Pics are too big for me to enlarge !!

My ddad said the number is 51

aokchris592

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2014, 02:10:20 pm »
Anyone?

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2014, 03:25:05 pm »
http://www.col-pump.net/

I think this may be the company today !!  They do the same thing and it says they have been in business 100 years !! There is an email contact below the address,, Corey is the name I think !! Send the pic to them and ask what it is and if they made it !!  They would also know any value better than we would since it is an unusual item !!