Author Topic: English vintage art poster with subject Scrooge - Need year - Scarcity  (Read 1337 times)

benbenny

• View Profile
would like to know what time period this art poster is printed and is it a silkprint?
google is my only resource.  
I only found theater and movie poster from this company, and non like this one.
Or is this also a movie or theater poster?
It reads: Stafford & Co, LTD, printers, Netherfield, Nottingham and numbered 4241
This company makes posters sins the 19th Century and also had a ltd in London in a later time period.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 05:01:33 pm by benbenny »

benbenny

• View Profile
Re: English vintage art poster with subject Scrooge - Need year - Scarcity
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 05:29:47 pm »
other picture

benbenny

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 05:31:08 pm »

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 07:53:51 pm »
There is a book on the company's full history. "This is the story of the Stafford and Stevenson families' enterprise, from roots in Bingham, then Nottingham and finally in Netherfield, richly illustrated with photographs and colour reproductions of some of the posters produced by the company.  70pp"
www.nottinghambooks.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=1462

It wouldn't hurt to ask here if they have any idea of the age of the poster since they specialize in posters.  All they can do is help/ignore or say no!
http://www.originalposter.co.uk/postersearch_results.asp?catid=%25&gid=%25&title=&star=&artist=tom+chantrell&ref=&Submit=%3C%3C+Click+here+to+search+%3E%3E

The odd thing to me is that for a movie poster there isn't any advertisement on it!  So wonder if it is some other type of poster.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!