Author Topic: Happy Labor Day !  (Read 1072 times)

fancypants

• View Profile
Happy Labor Day !
« on: September 01, 2014, 10:51:30 am »
Wishing everyone a fun , restful & great 2014 Labor Day !
" Methinks me the 'mental' in sentimental .... "

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Labor Day !
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 12:10:19 pm »
Happy Labor Day! A nice relaxing day. Do we have to go back to the rat race tommorrow?
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Labor Day !
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 02:16:48 pm »
Happy Labor Day to all!  Don't forget to thank all for their labors all year and not just today!

On the hottest day my daughter and I loaded up the ice chest with cold waters/along with sweets and took them to the road construction workers (who generally irritate the niceness out of me with road congestion) to thank them for (eventually) making a great new road!  :)  I make it a point to thank and know the workers at groceries, post office, USPS, UPS, FedEx, Doc's office, etc.  They make my life easier.

I was so shocked the other day when I took candy from Hawaii to my Doc.  He teared up and said it was the first time someone brought him something!!!  (He is well known and really well liked in our area.)  Boy, so much of our society as gotten to where we take each other for granted!  :)

So, HAPPY LABOR DAY TO ALL!!!  AND to all that "labor" on this board helping each other out!  :)
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!