Author Topic: need help on these words please  (Read 2111 times)

shakesgirl

• View Profile
need help on these words please
« on: September 02, 2014, 12:49:51 pm »
Can some one tell me what these words say. I know its worthless ,just want to know what it says.  Well maybe not worthless just curious about what it says.  I did look up the mans name and I saw the item but it didn't say what the words said. And I cant remember the roman numerals  :-\
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 02:53:53 pm by shakesgirl »

mart

• View Profile
Re: need help on these words please
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 04:27:14 pm »
These are collector plates done in alabaster from an original sculpture !!  Your plate A Santine was the artist that sculpted the original !! The studio was Dante Divolteradici and most were done in the late 70`s and 80`s !! That is what the Roman numerals are on the right,, the year made !!  I think yours was 1978 !!

shakesgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 04:36:03 pm »
These are collector plates done in alabaster from an original sculpture !!  Your plate A Santine was the artist that sculpted the original !! The studio was Dante Divolteradici and most were done in the late 70`s and 80`s !! That is what the Roman numerals are on the right,, the year made !!  I think yours was 1978 !!
Thank you Mart.  I still think its lovely. I just got it today at the venders mall. paid $5.00.  Hope I didn't pay too much. :)

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 07:09:42 pm »
No, you didn`t overpay !!   In fact you got a deal on it !!

shakesgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 08:14:37 pm »
Wow, I wonder what  it appraises.  I just liked it ,is why I bought it. I thought it was Mary and baby Jesus.

shakesgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 08:30:16 pm »
Wow, I wonder what  it appraises.  I just liked it ,is why I bought it. I thought it was Mary and baby Jesus.
Can some one tell me what these words say. I know its worthless ,just want to know what it says.  Well maybe not worthless just curious about what it says.  I did look up the mans name and I saw the item but it didn't say what the words said. And I cant remember the roman numerals  :-\
I just found it. $17.00   No I didn't do too bad   :)  Thanks for your help Mart