Author Topic: Steiff bear, 1908-1910, bought around 30 years ago - your opinion?  (Read 4913 times)

Rauville

• View Profile
Re: Steiff bear, 1908-1910, bought around 30 years ago - your opinion?
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2014, 08:55:14 am »
Cogar,, math is not my strong point !!

Mart;
You're correct in reading the button as being 7mm in diameter. Remember: 10mm = 1cm, so a rule marked "cm" can be compared to a yardstick marked "inches".

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2014, 09:08:45 am »
OK,, Rauville now I am thoroughly confused !!

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2014, 04:29:20 am »
Cogar,, math is not my strong point !!

Mart, because so many people are now posting dimensions in metric is why I told you that Google "trick".

When someone posts a temperature of 12C (12 degrees centigrade) .... then just load Google as a 2nd "window" and key in ..... convert 12c to f .... and hit the "return" key and it will immediately display "12 = 53.6" ... or 53.6 degrees fahrenheit.

It "converts" either direction, ..... c to f, --- f to c, ... in(ches) to mi(les) --- mi to in,... bushels to pints, .... whatever.

Or if someone uses a word you are unfamiliar with just enter ..... define ????? .... and hit the "return" key

I keep Google "open" as a 2nd window just for the above purpose.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2014, 07:43:57 am »
Oh !!  Cogar you know I am not tech minded,,how would I do a second window ??  Your computer may be fancier than mine !!  Or have more stuff on it !!

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2014, 12:19:32 pm »
Mart, when internet is loaded …… there are “menu” bars at the upper left corner.

The 1st one has …. File  Edit  View  Favorites Tools  Help …. tabs to select

The 2nd one has … 3 or 4 icons and then ….   Page   Safety   Tools …. tabs to select one of them

If you “click” the … Page  tab, … a drop-down window appears.

“click” the 1st one that says   New Window ….. and it will open up a 2nd copy …. and if you look at the bottom of your screen you will see 2 “Antique Questions” names there and the “darker” shaded one is the one you are viewing.

That way you can look at 2 different AQF topics just by “clicking” back n’ forth on the “names” on the bottom line.

Or you can click Google in your “favorites” and it will load on the one you are looking at.

With the 2 windows you can compare “pictures” in 2 different AQF topics simply by ….. “clicking” back n’ forth …. on the names on the bottom line.

Or, when viewing say a “chair” on an AQF post you can ….. search Google “Images” to find one that looks like it …. just by …  “clicking” back n’ forth between the 2 windows.

You can open up 3 or 4 "new windows" if you want, ....

Play around with it and any problems ... let me know.

If you "click" that .... Safety tab ..... then you can selective "Delete Browsing History" ...all that garbage those web sites upload to your PC ..... that really slows it down iffen you haven't deleted them in quite awhile.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2014, 08:04:36 pm »
Well how handy that would be !! Gotta try that !!  Thanks Cogar !!  Learn something new every day !!  Yes I always keep browsing history and cookies deleted regularly !!