Author Topic: Need Help with this large China cabinet  (Read 1366 times)

hrodden

• View Profile
Need Help with this large China cabinet
« on: October 06, 2014, 04:53:12 pm »
Please help!  I inherited this cabinet and I am trying to figure out an approximate value and age, and I don't know anything about antiques.  I don't even know how to describe this piece, so any help is appreciated.  There aren't any labels or any indication of manufacturer that I can find, unless it is completely under the bottom piece and I can't lift that up to check.  It stands approximately 5.5ft high, is about 8ft wide and about 18in deep.  Thank you in advance for your assistance!

hrodden

• View Profile
Re: Need Help with this large China cabinet
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 04:56:24 pm »
One more pic...

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 06:17:32 pm »
You said you inherited this china cabinet !!  Do you know any history on it ?? Would need to see some detailed pics,, feet and base, hardware on front, back if possible, and a good interior pic with door open and a close up of the carving at top !! Just take a shot of the center section of the carving !!
My first impression is that it was made in France or has a French influence !!  What is your location ??

hrodden

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 06:45:14 pm »
Yes my mother left it to me, and all I know is that it would have been purchased in Southern California 20-25 years ago.  We now have it in Oklahoma.  I'll have to post twice to get these pics.  I am posting a pic of the inside of the middle section...we can't get the two ends open yet and don't want to force it, but you can kind of see it through the glass.  Other pics are close up's of the detail and as much of the back as I could get...that room is pretty packed full and hard to get around to get good pics!

hrodden

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 06:46:41 pm »
Here are the rest of the pics...

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 08:33:47 pm »
Well,, its a reproduction probably made 1970 or so !! French Regency in one of the Louis styles which was popular then is my opinion !!  Could be a name on the underside but no,, don`t lift, tug on it or force the doors !!  The size could hinder any sale you might have !!  Need a large dining room for this and not everyone has that !!