Author Topic: Pair of Von Schierholz Porcelain Lamps  (Read 3049 times)

brumilli

• View Profile
Pair of Von Schierholz Porcelain Lamps
« on: October 07, 2014, 09:54:02 am »
Hi everyone!

I have been busy trying to properly the identify a pair of Von Schierholz Porcelain Lamps. I am able to find similar lamps and the value for such, but not the exact ones (not even a picture online - anywhere!) I have read about the history of Von Schierholz and know the marks on the bottom of the pieces can date back to 1817, but I'm not sure, based on the mark on the bottom of my lamps, when they were made. Any help would be greatly appreciated….they are beautiful pieces! Let me know if you would like to see more pictures  :)

artx

• View Profile
Re: Pair of Von Schierholz Porcelain Lamps
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 10:22:59 am »
this is really beautiful  pieces!

look like from the 1900s.

brumilli

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 10:34:53 am »
Thank you…I think so too! Also, sorry to everyone that there are 3 posts regarding these lamps…I'm not sure how that happened. Thanks in advance for your help :)

artx

• View Profile

brumilli

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 11:52:49 am »
I have seen a number of those lamps (that particular style) for sale…just none that exactly match mine. I wasn't sure if mine were comparable or perhaps more rare. Thank you for your help!

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2014, 12:10:34 pm »
The fact that they are electrified and are marked Made in Germany would date them in the 20th century. I would guess around 1915 - 1920 when wall outlets were first commonly in use. Never the less they are beautiful pieces and I would expect to get at least $250 to $300 at auction for them in the NY area with the right auction. Even on eBay as long as they are perfect

brumilli

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2014, 12:35:04 pm »
Do you know that, for dating purposes, it didn't even CROSS MY MIND that bc they are electrified it would put them in the 20th century…duh! Thanks for your help!!!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2014, 06:02:16 pm »
Several site I looked at had this mark as 1930 or 40 !!  Just because you can`t find another identical to yours has little bearing on the lamp or its value !!  Lamps like this were chosen for personal taste and that's how they usually sell !!  You can put two lamps out there with both about the same era and similar scenes and one may bring $100. more than the other just because the scene or the shade hit a chord with someone !! Same way you or I would choose a lamp,,we just like it better than the other !!  I would say that in todays economy yours would bring about $250. for the pair !!

brumilli

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2014, 06:23:42 pm »
Makes total sense….thank you for your help!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2014, 07:22:58 pm »
They are very nice lamps,, chances are they will continue to increase in value !!

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2014, 07:23:38 pm »
If I could see the cord and plug better it would have helped. I think Mart is closer to the date than me.