Author Topic: Brass Boat Propeller Lamp  (Read 2368 times)

valhom

• View Profile
Brass Boat Propeller Lamp
« on: October 17, 2014, 02:46:58 pm »
Measures approx. 19" tall. The propeller measures approx. 12" wide. I couldn't really find this type of lamp when I searched online. :( Anyone willing to give me some insight on this?

Thanks! :)

mart

• View Profile
Re: Brass Boat Propeller Lamp
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 08:25:28 pm »
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=quicksilver+boat+props

The prop was added to an existing lamp !! The name was the owner of the prop !! And yes,, around lakes,, an extra prop is like gold !! And you always have a spare and a pocketful of shear pins !! This was probably his spare and he etched his name on it same as you would all your fishing gear !! Maybe he sold the boat and had the prop left so just made a lamp of it !!  That's why the shade only has sailing ships,, nothing with a motor !!  Props are quick money for thieves !!

valhom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 08:48:45 pm »
Nice. So, the propeller itself is worth more than being a lamp? How much do you think this propeller would be worth? I believe it's made of brass. Thank you.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 11:02:10 pm »
These sell for around $50 - $150 depending on how it is made.  See lots of items upcycled into fun items/lighting at Swap Meets, etc.

Brass props are very popular to steal.  Just gave the boat to a children's charity and I bet hubs gave all the extra propellers too!  Hmmmm..... 
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 11:09:11 pm »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2014, 11:48:32 am »
Nice. So, the propeller itself is worth more than being a lamp? How much do you think this propeller would be worth? I believe it's made of brass. Thank you.

Look at the link I gave for quick silver props !!  But as a unique lamp,, might be better to leave it as-is !!