Author Topic: Meriden B. Company teapot.....  (Read 1260 times)

Blackink

• View Profile
Meriden B. Company teapot.....
« on: October 21, 2014, 01:18:37 pm »
Hello there.

I have a teapot that I'd like to know more about if possible. Sorry but the picture I have of the bottom stamp is the best I have.

On the bottom of the pot are the words: MADE AND GUARANTEED BY
Under this is a circle with the words: MERIDEN B. COMPANY going around the inside perimeter of the circle, and in the center of that circle is a picture of scales.
Under the word COMPANY, just outside of that circle, are the words: Rogers Bros, with 3 stars to the left of that name.
Under those words are the numbers 2102, and under those numbers is the letter T, and under the T are the letters U.S.A.

I have found info on Meriden Britannia (B) Company so I understand where they started and what they manufactured.
I found some information on Rogers Bros. so I am guessing it's their stamp below the circle. I'm not sure if the 3 stars to the left of their name have any significance though.

What I don't know is what the numbers 2102 are for, and what the letter T is for.
Also, any idea the year that this teapot might have been manufactured?

And, if anyone has a thought on the estimated value of this teapot, I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Any other information would be helpful.

Thanks, Steve
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 04:39:56 pm by Blackink »

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
Re: Meriden B. Company teapot.....
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 01:31:25 pm »
By the shape I would say the teapot is Edwardian made by Rogers in Meriden Ct in 1901-1910. It is probably silver plated base metal.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 12:38:04 pm »
As a rule most of the numbers, letters  that you may find around a mfrs stamp is for company info !! Usually the bottom of a teapot is made separately from the body and is soldered on later as is the handle !! When a mfr makes several different styles and sizes there has to be a way for the workers to get the parts correct !! So they put a style number 2102,,and likely the T is for "teapot" !! They may have several pieces with the same style number !! Sugar bowls, creamers ect !!  That would be my assumption since they were a large mfr !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 01:22:21 pm »
Before anyone says anything....I DID IT!!!!  I inadvertently lost the pictures for this posting when I merged the two Meriden B. Company teapot postings.  I have PM'd Steve apologizing/requesting that he repost the pictures!

Sorry.....My Bad!  :(

KC
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 01:37:23 pm by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!