Author Topic: Yellow Footed Glass Bowl ID  (Read 3853 times)

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
Yellow Footed Glass Bowl ID
« on: October 21, 2014, 02:23:22 pm »
We found this yellow 11 1/2 inch glass bowl at a flea market over the weekend. At first I thought it was Heisey without a mark in the Empress pattern but comparing it to pictures it did not quite match up. The color is the typical pale yellow found in that "elegant" glass era. The picture may look a bit amber. I don't know why but the picture flips when enlarged. Thanks for your help.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 02:24:59 pm by frogpatch »

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
Re: Yellow Footed Glass Bowl ID
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 04:55:49 pm »
Where did our glass expert(s) go?

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 07:08:11 pm »
I looked for this bowl yesterday,,although its similar to Heisey,, I didn`t find any that matched !!  Need Wendy on this one !!  Heisey`s yellow was called "Sahara Yellow" !!  They also had a darker yellow !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 10:36:46 pm »
I have the same pattern in clear glass!  LOL  However, mine has a pedestal base whereas yours is footed.  (I believe Helsy has dolphin feet and yours look scrolled?)

Bought it a few months ago in Louisiana.  I loved the looks of it as well!  Have no idea who made it either!  :)

« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 10:59:34 pm by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 05:48:40 am »
It sure looks like the same pattern KC. It is good to know that there are more out there.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 11:44:12 am »
Frogpatch, mine is 11 1/2" across as well.  The problem I had photographing it (which I normally don't have) is that it doesn't show up well at all in natural light (as if the dish doesn't show up - even with solid background - which most clear glass do with the exception of crystal) and in artificial lighting the reflections are intensified.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 12:48:41 pm »
When I sold on Ebay I photographed crystal with black cloth behind and below and had two halogen flood lights on it in those clamp on work lights. It worked pretty well. Now I use my cell phone and a whatever is laying around like my sweatshirt.  :D

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 08:13:03 pm »
I have always done the black cloth myself or dark navy blue and this dish wouldn't even show up on it!.  So, just took the best picture out of all of them and it happened to be the one on my granite counter (which has mica in it which sparkles as well).  Just the darnedest thing!

I'm going to mess around with pics on this again just because it has me miffed. 

Haven't had a whole lot of time.  My hubby got rearended in my Mini Cooper a little over a week ago and he is on pain meds, in rehab/physical therapy (and will be for the next month.............. ....).  My mini is no more.  :(  (The guy was reading and hit him full speed and hubs had slowed to 5mph to turn on the road to our home with his blinker on.  The guy has been having a rough week as well as with deaths in the family, etc.)  Spun him around twice crumpling in the back and ended up wrapping the back bumper on the stop sign (which is good because he was headed back into the highway had it not stopped him.)  So, cars are replaceable - the love of my life isn't!  But I must say, that mini was well made and he wouldn't have walked away had it been another small car. 

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2014, 03:30:55 am »
I hope he is feeling better real soon and back to normal life. You can always get another car, as you said. I hope you get a mini again. It sounds like it really protected him. My thoughts and prayers are with both of you.

sugarcube5419

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2014, 06:11:19 am »
KC--so close to home!!  Glad he's ok --  sure really shook up.  You never know when you get up in the morning do you>>>

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2014, 06:04:18 pm »
NAILED IT!!!!   Okay Frogpatch....you won't believe this....but "Line 2470" Elegant Glass seems to be our pattern!!!!! And your color is Topaz.  Replacements LTD refers to your bowls as a "Four-Toes Footed Bowl" made for this pattern.. Mine is clear like the one on their site http://www.replacements.com/webquote/FOS2470.htm#4155349  It is also referred to as Line 2470 with Scrolls.

Here's another piece (2 Handled Sweetmeat Bowl) in your color on Replacements
http://www.replacements.com/webquote/FOS2470TO.htm#9887456

Pics of all they have
http://www.replacements.com/webquote/FOS2470WI.htm#10016512

Fostoria Line 2470 Elegant Glass
Fostoria Line 2470 elegant glass is a small pattern that goes well with Lafayette. Fostoria made it from 1933 to 1940.    You can always spot this design as it has the interesting tab handles with little curlicues.  Fostoria marketed it with Fairfax and Lafayette and it blends well with either.  
 depressonelegantgla ss.com
HAPPY DANCING!!!!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2014, 06:50:34 pm »
Brownie point for you KC !! Excellent work !!~  Now back to looking for the AH etched glass !! Maybe I will get lucky !!

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2014, 07:58:44 pm »
Awesome find KC! When I first found it I told my wife I thought it was Fostoria for no apparent reason. Thanks so much for solving the mystery. Being there is no other in this color to go by I will put a price on it of more than the 3 bucks it cost. Thanks again.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2014, 09:10:44 am »
I can't believe you got it for $3!!!

Found "similar" (in size) by Fostoria for $42 to $57

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2014, 09:39:29 am »
KC,, he has some honey holes I think !!