Author Topic: Keller et Guerin pitcher  (Read 1558 times)

pamhardwick

• View Profile
Keller et Guerin pitcher
« on: October 26, 2014, 10:30:14 pm »
 I have a crock type water or milk pitcher without any decoration other than gold trim at handle and spout. The mark K et G Luneville France shows manufactured between 1890 and 18902015. It is very different than typical K&G pottery of that period. I have been unable to fine any information on history or value.  Is anyone familiar with this K& G piece?

mart

• View Profile
Re: Keller et Guerin pitcher
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 12:59:26 pm »
http://www.libertys.com/lunevil.htm

Welcome to the group !!
Your mark is number 14 !!  Between 1890 and 1920 !! So somewhere between those years is when yours was produced !!  The value lies in the appeal of your pitcher compared to others !!  And generally just means that some will like yours better than other styles !!  Best way to assign a value is to look on ebay and see what others are selling for (not asking prices,,but actual selling price) that are similar in style and era !! Keller and Guerin made a lot of stuff so they are not hard to find or rare !!

pamhardwick

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 02:28:40 am »
Thanks! I have been unable to locate any pottery or porcelain piece by K&G which is even close to the pattern for this pitcher. It does not appear to be typical to this manufacturer.  EBay; worldwide and several US and European websites have yielded no clues.  Any other research suggestions?

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 10:30:17 am »
Can you please list the dimensions of the pitcher?

If I was looking at style I would say around 1930.  Hmmmm....the search is on.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 10:51:18 am by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 12:32:37 pm »
I thought about deco era but the shape of the pitcher makes me think much later !!  So far it has not fit anything in K&G`s style !!  We were even thinking about restaurant or hotel ware,, still haven`t found anything similar !!

pamhardwick

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 02:10:26 pm »
Thanks for any and all ideas. The pitcher is in excellent condition. The only sign of wear seems to be a bit of missing gold line trim on both sides of the handle where it would be gripped. It is on the large size for a serving pitcher measuring 11" tall and flaring from 5" at the rim to a 6" base; medium weight when empty.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 08:03:09 pm »
OK !!  I give up,,have looked for days with little results !! Found a few vaguely similar but marked differently !! Some had only the Guerin mark !! I just can`t believe this pitcher is from the date ( 1890 to 1920 ) indicated by the mark !! Its totally different from anything popular at that time !!