Author Topic: Pitcher with (asian?)pattern seems not correct ( half trees / half lakes)  (Read 1339 times)

AgnesC

• View Profile
I was wondering if anyone could help me with my pitcher's pattern as it seems incorrect. It has unfinished lakes and unfinished trees just as if someone used wallpaper on it and did not pay attention to the pattern matching.

The bowl of this (unmarked) pitcher set seems to have the proper pattern. Do I just have a mismatch that left the manufacturer or is something else causing this ?

mart

• View Profile
Re: Pitcher with (asian?)pattern seems not correct ( half trees / half lakes)
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 02:11:13 pm »
Is this one yours ??  If not, can you post a pic of it ?? Have a hard time picturing what you are talking about !!

AgnesC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 04:59:53 pm »
Yes, this is mine. I bought it and I was told that the lady received it from her mother about 30 years ago. History before that is unknown and it does not seem to have any marks...
But the pattern is strange as if someone has drawn a line and there are different pictures on each side of it..

AgnesC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 05:01:46 pm »
Perhaps even clearer....

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 06:38:26 pm »
Yes !!  Those are better !! What you have is a transfer ware pitcher !! Transfers are like decals but are fired on !!  It is not uncommon to find errors when the transfers were applied !!  This would likely have been sold as a "second" by the pottery !! It probably dates from the 1960`s or 70`s !! We have a large pottery not too far from here and they do the same thing !! Errors in decoration or in the firing process can be bought for about half of what the perfect ones sell for !!