Author Topic: Female Nude Sculpture...Mark Help?  (Read 890 times)

Kamelot

• View Profile
Female Nude Sculpture...Mark Help?
« on: November 26, 2014, 11:44:51 am »
I recently found this sculpture while cleaning up at my grandmother's house and tried to track down the artist, but was unsuccessful...like ly because I'm not reading it right? Just wondering if anyone out there on the forum might be able to help me out? Many thanks in advance.

I believe the numbers are "2865"

mart

• View Profile
Re: Female Nude Sculpture...Mark Help?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 04:09:59 pm »
Where is the 2865 in the last pic located ?? Bottom ??  It looks like the name is Jackie with the copyright symbol bottom left, then the numbers 2865 There might be something far right but can`t make it out !! Can you tell what this is made of ?? It looks like it was poured not carved !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 05:30:32 pm »
Mart I agree, it looks like poured/resin from the pictures.  I looked earlier and think it also looks like Jackie.

I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 05:51:06 pm »
Could also be a plaster mold !! The copyright symbol means its likely an independent artist as well even though it really isn`t needed !! Art is automatically under copyright from the moment of creation !!  Since there is no last name thst I can see would mean a hobbyist rather than a professional !! A professional would either use the full name or a unique sequence of the name !! A hobbyist could be the reason he/she can`t find the artist !! Have to have a sales record to show up on the net !!