Author Topic: antique postcard : pit bull postcard  (Read 3959 times)

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
antique postcard : pit bull postcard
« on: February 19, 2015, 08:12:03 pm »
I am using everyone like I am going to confession. I just bought this lot for one card. I fought hard. I think my husband will think I lost my mind. I tell him it was for his birthday, which isn't till March. I have to spill my guts. My youngest daughter was joking and said if she sees the card in this house she will know I'm nuts!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-8-RPPC-POSTCARDS-PEOPLE-GENTS-DOG-LADIES-GARDENER-FRIENDS-BOYS-BABY-/121568900413?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=QrW%252BbMN39iARHollNQ9%252BWhVHQ5s%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
I love it and had to had to have it.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

KevinM

• View Profile
Re: antique postcard : pit bull postcard
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 08:22:12 pm »
Looks like there was someone else who liked that post card the way it was bid up! I think the man holding the dog is smiling because the dog is growling at the photographer perhaps? He seems to be enjoying holding the dogs leash.

KevinM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 08:25:58 pm »
BTW, I've sold a number of Bull Dog and Dog related vintage metal figurines, there is always a demand for them and they always sell well.

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 08:34:05 pm »
The postcards are getting harder to buy for less than $45.00. The nice ones you really have to fight for. I had to have it. I have been loosing at the last minute. This time I held my ground! Ouch! I'm not sure whether to confess the full price, lol.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 10:01:51 pm »
Well, in your defense...if he knows how driven you are to continue your collection he knows you will try for the best price.

Now, in your favor, you can always try and sell the other cards to get back some of the $$

Also in your favor, this should only increase in value over the years and leave you with a much more valuable collection to sell for retirement or leave in an estate!  :)  Then your daughter can truly smile!  :)
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 05:22:22 pm »
Yep !!  You have lost your mind !!  ;D

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 07:01:35 pm »
Lol, mart you crack me up. Where were you when I needed voice of reason! KC, I thought the same thing. I think I could sell them as a lot, but probably better off selling them separately.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2015, 07:06:58 pm »
LOl !!  We were here,, you were not !!

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2015, 07:30:43 pm »
So true. Bit off more than I can chew this year. A lot going on.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2015, 08:44:43 pm »
Yes I know,, its been hectic here too !!  Hubby went riding around in the country last Saturday and came home with another rescue dog !!  Thank heavens its a smaller one !! So thin you could read a newspaper through it !!  There were no houses  within miles so have no clue if it was lost by someone or just dumped !!  I think its a Min Pin cross of some type, solid red and looks like a miniature red Doberman but with stand up ears !! My vet has her on his facebook page in case she is lost !!

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2015, 09:33:53 pm »
The dog thanks you. :D You're my kind of people. They just made a law in Penna. if you leave your dog outside in the freezing cold weather you will be fined and loose the dog. Poor 11 year old dog was rescued by a person walking by. He was half frozen to the ground. It took them hours to help him get free. Rescue is trying to get him a forever home for the rest of his life. It's 0 degrees here. I would like to put the people outside!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2015, 12:40:54 am »
Mart, you  n your hubs are so doggone nice!  :)
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2015, 01:58:34 pm »
She was really pitiful,,every bone stuck out !! When he brought her in she started swallowing the dogfood whole !! So took it away and softened it with some chicken stock !! Added leftover biscuits for a little starch !!  She is a different dog after a week of good food !!  At least she isn`t going to be 90lbs like one of his roadside finds !! I will try to take a pic of her later !!  I am making blackberry jelly now !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2015, 02:57:02 pm »
YYYUUUUMMMMYYYY!!!!!!!  (for the Blackberry Jelly - not into eating dogs!  However, I do suspect I could have had some in Siberia during many trips there - did find out I had horse after the fact!) :) 

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2015, 05:01:19 pm »
  ;D  A good reason to pack your own lunch !!  You never know what it is after its cooked !!