Author Topic: Antique Cut Glass (pics included)  (Read 1382 times)

auction

• View Profile
Antique Cut Glass (pics included)
« on: February 20, 2015, 02:01:47 pm »
My grandmother had a number of cut glass pieces. She thought they were something special. I think most were from her mother.

I don't know what patterns they are or any idea of value. It looks to me like a mix of different patterns.

auction

• View Profile
Re: Antique Cut Glass (pics included)
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 02:05:37 pm »
Sorry these are not good pictures. Will get better ones if they are unidentifiable.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 07:12:31 pm »
Good cut glass is not inexpensive !! We have many glass people here and I am sure they will take a look soon !!  Not sure if Wendy has thawed out yet,, she is in the blizzard area !!  Have you looked carefully with a magnifying glass for names on them ??  Would be small and etched into the glass !! A name will add value !!

auction

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 07:19:05 pm »
I did not notice any etchings on the bottom, but I haven't looked with a magnifying glass.

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 07:28:01 pm »
The vase is nice. There's a a lot on eBay. Mart is right. There are a few for $200-$300, but most in $20-$40. range. Not sure if it's selling well you'll have to check that too. You can always ask a certain price but it might not sell.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 07:37:07 pm »
It looks like you have an assortment here. The first and second pieces look like they could possibly be brilliant period cut glass. Especially the second piece with the pin wheel pattern. Another looks like pressed glass and some look like European glass from Bohemia or Germany. Not an expert. Just an opinion based on selling hundreds of pieces of clear glass. American cut glass will feel very sharp to the palm of your hand. Almost like a coarse file blade but wider.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 07:43:14 pm by frogpatch »