Author Topic: Bird Cage Antique or decorative  (Read 1156 times)

sazzler32

• View Profile
Bird Cage Antique or decorative
« on: March 24, 2015, 03:38:57 pm »
Hi I would appreciate some or any info on this I have required, I would be grateful for any info on it, I know its a bird cage and it is made of wood and possibly over 4foot high.
Thank you :) I have researched it and found similar items, but I think this maybe a replica, but I can honestly say I have scoured the internet and  found some on Ebay that resemble it, and one dealer has his up for $21,000 :O
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 03:43:02 pm by sazzler32 »

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Bird Cage Antique or decorative
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 08:07:08 pm »
Interesting enough, have seen these imported in the 1980's to 1990's from India and Mexico and they weren't as well made as the originals. The paints they used on these were so strong they would have killed any bird in them. How many doors does yours have?

If it is a true Victorian original...it would be worth boocoos of $$$.  But the coloring seems "newer".

One of these that would need an in person inspection.  Could be a reproduction but still worth some money.  Unique with the pull out tray which indicates it is a functional one?!

But, for grins....here is a picture of one that sold at auction within the past 10 years for $400 and an identical one for sell on ebay for $3,000 currently.  I would watch it.  Don't believe it will go for that.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 08:10:04 pm by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

sazzler32

• View Profile
Re: Bird Cage Antique or decorative
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 01:43:38 am »
Thank you for your comment, I have an antique dealer coming to see it tomorrow, I will let you know what the outcome is :)