Poll

Can someone please help me identify what these are?

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: WW1 German Items  (Read 2071 times)

ayden2008

• View Profile
WW1 German Items
« on: April 11, 2015, 01:20:02 pm »
I got these along with some other German WW1 items. The item with the swastika seems to be a clip of some sort. When you pinch it, there are teeth on the opposite end that grab onto something. The other items seems to be a oiler or liquor flask of sorts. You fill with a liquid or oil, then when you squeeze the fluid goes up the tube and out the little boys private area making it as he is urinating. It says GERMANY along the ridge. Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 02:45:53 pm by ayden2008 »

wilhenri

• View Profile
Re: WW1 German Items
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 04:14:59 am »
I will have a stab at this the flask may well have been modified but the Boy is Called the Brussels Boy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manneken_Pis I would suggest some sort of tourist piece and unlikely WW1. The other piece although the swastika has been used for centuries its not clear enough in the picture to see how it is orientated. If you look at the Nazi Swastika it sits in a particular  position compared with other countries uses. Looks like it could be some sort of desk top item or for suspending a medal maybe
Live as if you are to die tomorrow and learn as if you are to live forever
Mahatma Gandhi

ayden2008

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 08:18:06 am »
Thank you for the reply! Here is a clearer picture of the clip thing...

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 11:02:22 am »
The clip looks to be a scarf clip!  The symbol was very popular in the early 1870s to early 1900's in US and other countries when it meant GOOD LUCK - and the negative connotations came later when adopted by Hitler.

However, it has been popular in many countries/cultures/religions for many, many years.  I bow to Wikipedia to help you with this one:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 11:05:11 am by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

wilhenri

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 01:43:13 am »
Yes as KC says the Swastika on that clip is not at the Nazi angle if it was rotated clockwise 30 degrees it would be the Nazi symbol.
Live as if you are to die tomorrow and learn as if you are to live forever
Mahatma Gandhi