Author Topic: Any ideas on art valuation. Jacques Bille VILLAGE AUTOUR DU CLOCHER  (Read 2212 times)

malrix

• View Profile
I picked up a piece and I am quite confident it is

VILLAGE AUTOUR DU CLOCHER by Jacques Bille.

artnet.com; http://www.artnet.com/artists/jacques-bille/village-autour-du-clocher-3Bx1NWtFsh75lQ7TDVeqAg2

There is no confirmation of picture but the description and sizing look bang on.  Any ideas on value?

mart

• View Profile
Hi there and welcome to the forum !!  We need to see the one you have !!  Can not evaluate an item by looking at what someone else has !!

malrix

• View Profile
Sorry for the delay! 

Here are some pictures of the piece I have.

mart

• View Profile
And what is yours painted on ??  Canvas, panel, canvasboard, paper or what ??  Size ??

malrix

• View Profile
It's in a frame and I dont want to rip the paper backing off.  Not canvas or anything thick. 

I can measure 14x9.5 cm in the frame.  May be slightly larger.

mart

• View Profile
http://www.findartinfo.com/english/list-prices-by-artist/147905/jacques-bille.html

Can`t tell anything without knowing all the details !!  The site above has some of his auction results !!  Most are low end works and not expensive at all !! He only received an Honorable Mention in one show !! He was primarily a horticulturist !!  The Museum of Decorative Arts in Paris and the Museum of Toulouse both have some of his paintings !!  There are prints for sale online and some reproductions !! But without removing that dust cover and examining the painting,, no way to know what you have !!  My suggestion would be to take it to a frame shop/gallery and let them take it out,, then put in back in the frame and replace dust cover  Should cost about $20. total at most frame shops !!

malrix

• View Profile
I grew a pair and carefully took the backing off.  Probably better that way considering what I see underneath;

Postcard size.  6" x 4 1/8"

Thoughts?

mart

• View Profile
I would replace the dust cover and just hang it up somewhere !!  It appears to be just that,, a post card !!  Not unusual to find things like this and magazine pages, calendar pics and prints ect !!  You would be surprised at what people frame and hang !!  Always look at the inside,, to tell what is on the outside !!   Don`t stop looking though,, there are some good ones out there !!