Author Topic: Qing Dynasty Chinese Porcelain Vase?  (Read 1564 times)

DSky25

• View Profile
Qing Dynasty Chinese Porcelain Vase?
« on: May 20, 2015, 12:01:14 pm »
Hey guys

Picked this up from an estate sale today. Looks to have an auction number on the bottom. The design seems to be Qing but want to get some more input. The Chinese characters seem unusual but maybe someone more experienced may know what they mean. Thanks in advance!

mart

• View Profile
Re: Qing Dynasty Chinese Porcelain Vase?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 09:11:28 am »
Mat may know what they say,, my Chinese language skills are ,,,,a bit rusty !!  LOL  As in ,,I have no clue !!

DSky25

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 10:14:38 am »
I found out that the artist's name is Cha Yi-xing.  He was fairly active during the late Qing era and has a lot of stuff to his name.

Mat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 02:33:05 am »
Hi, I cannot help with the translation unfortunately. How did you find out the maker? I cannot see any signature or stamp. However the style of your vase really resembles very much to pieces that are marked with that name.
Mat

DSky25

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 09:09:54 am »
Hi Mat

Thanks for letting me know.  A guy I know translated the four characters on the far left (in black) to "Made by Cha Yi-xing".  The rest of the characters tell some sort of story or depict some sort of imagery that he wasn't able to help with.  He said even if he could, he wouldn't be able to understand what it meant contextually.