Author Topic: What model are these Singer sewing machines?  (Read 2194 times)

Cambria

• View Profile
What model are these Singer sewing machines?
« on: June 10, 2015, 07:16:30 pm »
There are 3 Singer sewing machines for sale by someone and was wondering if someone could tell the model, year, or how much they are worth. Any information is very helpful.

mart

• View Profile
Re: What model are these Singer sewing machines?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 07:45:42 pm »
Are they treadle machines or electric ??

Cambria

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 08:24:51 pm »
Are they treadle machines or electric ??

I'm not 100% sure because they don't mention it in the ad, but the first picture I think is electric and the other 2 are treadle. I thought this site was pretty cool to identifying what model: http://www.sandman-collectibles.com/id-singer-machines.htm#10
I think I'll just need to see the machines in person.

I'll probably just buy them. They're asking $10 for the first picture and $20 each for the other 2 pictures.

Is that a good deal?

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 07:51:49 pm »
The first one may be just a parts machine !! Looks like it may be missing a few pieces !! But if the other two are in reasonable working order,,even though you may need to replace the belts,I think its a good deal !! Many people now are looking for good working treadle machines and I think Singer still makes all the belts ect !! I learned to sew on an old Singer machine quite similar to those !! Made a fine stitch !! Just watch your fingers,, I accidently sewed mine to a dolls dress !! Not fun !!  :D

Cambria

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 01:41:47 pm »
The first one may be just a parts machine !! Looks like it may be missing a few pieces !! But if the other two are in reasonable working order,,even though you may need to replace the belts,I think its a good deal !! Many people now are looking for good working treadle machines and I think Singer still makes all the belts ect !! I learned to sew on an old Singer machine quite similar to those !! Made a fine stitch !! Just watch your fingers,, I accidently sewed mine to a dolls dress !! Not fun !!  :D
Thanks for the reply mart

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 05:05:19 pm »
Let us know if you buy them !!

cogar

• View Profile

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2015, 10:08:06 am »
Thanks for that cogar.  Was going to look up that site for the serial numbers....and you got it!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!