Author Topic: Vintage Kimono and Coat  (Read 1062 times)

Saro

• View Profile
Vintage Kimono and Coat
« on: June 20, 2015, 02:16:39 pm »
Hello everyone. I have a kimono and a coat(?) that I'm hoping someone can tell me more about so I know what it is I actually have.

Both of these were bought by my great grandmother as she travelled/lived in Asia in the late 1930's. I don't know exactly where each was purchased.

The are both silk, and appear to me to be well made and in good condition.

I'm curious to know more about them in terms of both what they are exactly and what they may be worth, roughly. Are they common things that are worth
20 bucks or so that I should just wear for fun, or are they a bit valuable so that I may want to consider selling them?

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Kimono and Coat
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 06:18:15 pm »
Hi!  Are there any tags or markings on them anywhere?  History of them?
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 08:08:01 pm »
The close up of the bottom one looks to be machine made !! Most items like these were worn for trips to market or to visit relatives ect !!  Sort of like your Sunday best !! Where you want to look nice but not over the top !!

Saro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 03:17:19 pm »
No, there are no tags or markings of any kind on either. Certainly doesn't help in identifying them.
Probably purchased in either Korea or Japan in the 30's is the closest I can pin them down.