Author Topic: Green Satin Glass ID  (Read 2433 times)

Dogaman

• View Profile
Green Satin Glass ID
« on: July 04, 2015, 04:40:53 pm »
Greetings,

It has been a while since I've poked my nose in here. Hope everyone is doing well.

I was wondering if anyone can help me ID this piece; maker, era, pattern, and worth.  There are no maker marks. Pics below.

As always, thanks in advance for any assistance.

mart

• View Profile
Re: Green Satin Glass ID
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 07:09:52 pm »
Hi there !!  Good to see you back !!  OK,, I give up,,,what is it ??  Satin glass,, peachblow,, ect always makes ,me think Mt Washington !!

Dogaman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 06:02:27 am »
Hi Mart,

I've been lurking-- ;)

I have tried searching for "smoking pipe" holder, epergne, satin green, vaseline, uranium....you name it, I've probably tried it. Can't find anything similar.

Hope all is well.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 08:09:36 am »
So far all is well here !!  Hope you are the same !!   It looks like some type of centerpiece !!  Can you explain the impressions/parts/size ect ??  Hard to tell what is what from the pics !!

Dogaman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 08:41:43 am »
overall height is 7". insert is 4.25" tall and 2.5: at widest. base is 6" across. Next level graduates to 3.5" across and, finally, 4.25" across.

The top consists of 6 outer holes, which access the middle compartment only. The insert has 1 hole.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 08:55:42 am »
Mart, as per photo #2, … it looks to be a 2-part “double container” with an attached “dish” base.

Photo #4, …. shows the “top” of it …. with the “insert” container in place (center hole) …… and the other 6 holes around the circumference providing access to the large container.

It reminds me of a “wine chiller”, to wit:

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2015, 08:57:49 am »
This reminds me of Bohemian glass.

It also reminds me of an item that holds ice and shot glasses with stems were chilled (maybe for vodka, Aquavit/aqvavet)...
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Dogaman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2015, 09:41:13 am »
Thanks everyone for the input.  However, even with those thoughts, I STILL cannot find it anywhere.  I have another feeler out at a Vaseline Collectors site.  I will let you know if I get any hits on that.  Again, thanks.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2015, 10:22:14 am »
Okay, now that I have wracked my brain cells, could be for champagne flutes (such as that below)
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!