Author Topic: Ancient Chinese stone lidded jar?  (Read 992 times)

GLOCKCS

• View Profile
Ancient Chinese stone lidded jar?
« on: July 07, 2015, 09:10:11 am »
Hello everyone! It has been quite some time since I got on this forum, but since I have inherited a very interesting piece of art from my late uncle, I would like to share it with all of you to see what kind of information that you might be able to provide me with. This jar looks to be hand carved out of stone (possibly jade?) and from the naked eye, it seems to be very old as well. My uncle bought this piece of work in China in the 60,s from an antique store. He loves collecting antiques, and this piece was always kept in a lockable glass display case. Before he died, he told me that he wanted me to keep that piece because I myself am an artist, and I create lidded jars for a living. Could anyone give me some information on what this might be? Time period, material, worth etc. Much appreciated!

mart

• View Profile
Re: Ancient Chinese stone lidded jar?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 12:28:00 pm »
What does the inside of the jar look like ??  The pic of the lid interior is a bit fuzzy can you take another that is sharper so we can see the lines better ??  Mat may be able to help !!

GLOCKCS

• View Profile
Re: Ancient Chinese stone lidded jar?
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 01:53:00 pm »
http://imgur.com/gallery/R6UuG this is the link that has more pictures ute angles that I just took. Thanks for the help!