Author Topic: How old is this Stiffel Table Lamp  (Read 1796 times)

LLontario

• View Profile
How old is this Stiffel Table Lamp
« on: September 18, 2015, 03:14:48 pm »
My husband and I were given this stiffel table lamp. We have been researching it and could only find one other like it sold on ebay about 3 years ago. The eBay description  never stated the age and we haven't been able to locate another like it. The original owner is 95 yrs old and unfortunately is not able to tell us anything about it as they have alzhimers. We believe the metal bouillotte shade to be original. The table lamp stands 22" tall. Has a wooden base, a metal candle holder then what we think is a porcelain candle stick and metal shade. Two pull chain lights. Any help would be greatly appreciated helping us determine it's age and if possible value

mart

• View Profile
Re: How old is this Stiffel Table Lamp
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 04:29:07 pm »
Would you mind removing the shade and taking a closer pic so we can see how its assembled ??  Just the top part !!

LLontario

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 05:04:24 pm »
Tried earlier to upload this picture....is this what you are asking for?

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 08:14:05 pm »
Yes it is,, thanks !!  Does the lamp have the Stiffel name or label on it ??

LLontario

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 08:27:54 pm »
It does have a stiffel label. It is in the photo with the shade off although apologies it isn't very clear.  Our friend gave us a truck load of things from his mother's home. He donated most to charity and the rest he was going to throw away. We couldn't let such treasures go to the dump so we are just going through everything trying to figure out what exactly we have . It's a treasure hunt in our living room because that is where we had to put it all. Our teenagers tell us that our house is starting to look like grandma's parlor . Rather have grandma's parlor than ikea (no offense ikea). This is just one of the lamps we are trying to figure out.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 09:29:14 pm »
Great article to add to your list of go-to's by homeguides.sfgate.c om "How to Identify Marks of A Stiffel Lamp"  http://homeguides.sfgate.com/identify-marks-stiffel-lamp-91234.html
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

LLontario

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2015, 02:59:50 am »
The foil sticker is on the socket and I was able to get a better pic of it. According to the article our lamp is slightly on the short side.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2015, 09:08:32 am »
Many Stiffel lamps were made with high quality Lenox porcelain! Try searching with that as well.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2015, 11:17:56 am »
Pretty sure your lamp is a 1940`s version of a candlestick lamp !!  They made several versions of these with similar shades !!

LLontario

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2015, 11:28:55 am »
The candlestick portion appears enameled.  1940s would fit the period of the furniture in the home. Thanks so much everyone for your help. It is greatly appreciated. :)

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2015, 04:09:40 pm »
You can look on ebay and see if they have any similar to yours and what the bids are to get an idea of what yours may be worth !!  Stiffel hold its value pretty well if the lamps can be integrated into todays decorating schemes !!