Author Topic: Attention; D&B Antiques  (Read 930 times)

atticcleaning

• View Profile
Attention; D&B Antiques
« on: July 31, 2005, 02:55:52 pm »
Hello.  You had given me an answer about a tray that I couldn't find any info on.  You kindly responded with the info that the tray made by Continental and was aluminum and about $35.00.

Since I now had more info to go by, I did a search on eBay.  I was really surprised to see other items from this company up there.  The various items are listed as Continental Silverlook.    I even found a picture that looks just like my tray except mine only has two side handles.
 Otherwise, the flower motif and overall size / shape is the same.  Looking at the starting bid of approx $37, I thought it was amazing that you had been able to give me any info, just based on my description.  Bravo!!

Since I have never taken anything to an antique shop before, I have no clue as to how the process works.  I am a bit weary because a few years ago, my husband & I took a coin to a local coin shop to sell.  The man said it wasn't woth much, and I think gave us $10.  This year we found out that it had been worth $100(s).  So, we were really taken.

If I go into a shop and say that I would like to sell the tray, and they want to offer something that is lower than $35.00.  Do I let them know that it is at least worth that much, and that is what I want or do I just walk out & go elsewhere?   I'm just not sure of how the process works, and really need to get rid of the tray as soon as possible.

Any further advice would be so greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Attic

Guest_D&B ANTIQUES

Attention; D&B Antiques
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2005, 03:15:21 pm »
attic the fact is the tray' has little value. and even if it did. you could expect far less than what it's worth. has to do with shop overhead etc.