Author Topic: Lamp I can not find anywhere,,maybe Capodimonte !! Need opinions and value !!  (Read 1560 times)

mart

• View Profile
http://www.kovels.com/forums/6-furniture-clocks-lighting/9700-capodimonte?limitstart=0

Beautiful lamp,, silk shade ??  But can`t find another or maybe I just don`t know what to call it !!  Any mark would be covered by the metal base so that doesn`t help !! I have used all the terms for it I can think of !!  Need your ideas !!

ghopper1924

• View Profile
Capodimonte sounds right. I'd say 1920s or 30s though. I think it should sell for more than $1.00. Ha!
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

mart

• View Profile
That's what I told her but what is a reasonable value ?? I have never seen one like it and can`t find another !!  Have you seen a similar lamp ??  Need to PM Frogpatch and get him to take a look !!  Darn shade would not be cheap !!

mart

• View Profile
Bumping this up to get a few more ideas !!  She posted that her MIL`s mother purchased the lamp possibly as late as the 50`s which is what the cord and plug look like !!  But may have been rewired !! She said that the shade was originally a rose color but was redone on the same form as original !!

ghopper1924

• View Profile
OK, maybe late Deco. Just doing a little preliminary research, maybe $150-$200 full retail in a high-end shop would be a fair price.
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

rink28

• View Profile
I have seen similar lamps like this at auctions and flea markets. They don't bring big money though. I think ghopper got retail right. High end 200. Silk shade lamps don't sell for much cause most people want the glass shade cause its more of a demand than silk shade. The lamp looks nice but if you try to sell it at an antique dealer they would probably offer you around 50 to 60 dollars.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Ditto what rink28 said about retail versus private sell.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
I have seen similar lamps like this at auctions and flea markets. They don't bring big money though. I think ghopper got retail right. High end 200. Silk shade lamps don't sell for much cause most people want the glass shade cause its more of a demand than silk shade. The lamp looks nice but if you try to sell it at an antique dealer they would probably offer you around 50 to 60 dollars.

Can you please find me a pic of another one from same era !!~ Because I sure can`t find it !!  Thanks !!