Author Topic: stumped on artist name  (Read 1431 times)

rink28

• View Profile
stumped on artist name
« on: November 05, 2015, 05:01:54 pm »
i have had this for awhile but finally decided to get it out and see if anyone knew the artist name is. the signature on the lower left of the painting is "elkarasek" with and upside down 'E" symbol to the right of the name as shown in the picture. i couldn't find anything on this persons name and was wondering if someone knew who this person was? any info would be great. its an original watercolor and not a print.

mart

• View Profile
Re: stumped on artist name
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 08:43:12 pm »
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=artist+El+Karasek

Doesn`t really look like the same style and computer is giving me a headache tonight !! See what you can find here !!  That style is much more like starving artist work !!  The above is for E.L Karasek !! 

rink28

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 09:01:20 pm »
I tried looking at El karasek work but it kept coming up with calendars and "the old courthouse" picture. Your correct it doesn't look like the style. Do you think it's done by elkarasek? And why is that weird symbol with the upside down "E" there?

rink28

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 11:55:05 pm »
Well I found a calendar with her name and it elkarasek. Had the exact same signature and symbol with that upside down E . Problem is I can't find any watercolors by her. I'm only coming up with calendars and that old court house picture. I have a feeling this one is going to be tough to find

rink28

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 12:04:39 pm »
did you find anything else mart?

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 01:59:09 pm »
Haven`t had time to look yet !!  Post the link you found !! Been trying to find a home for a dog someone dumped not far from me !! Anyone interested in Marmaduke ?? He is a sweetheart !!

rink28

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2015, 02:13:50 pm »
Here is the link I found http://m.ebay.com/itm/EL-Karasek-Listed-Artist-Artists-Proof-Lithograph-Rendezvous-at-Fort-De-Chartres-/131640406627?nav=SEARCH look at the second picture and it shows her signature. The exact signature as mine and with at upside down E symbol. Goodluck with the pup!