Author Topic: Old folk instruments?  (Read 1029 times)

jeff550

• View Profile
Old folk instruments?
« on: November 24, 2015, 07:26:30 pm »
Good evening everyone!  I found these old fold instruments that are quite obviously very damaged.  Just wanted to know if anyone had any ideas of their origin, age, or really anything(should I attemp to get them repaired, what they were, etc)   Thanks so much!

Thanks again!

mart

• View Profile
Re: Old folk instruments?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 09:34:45 am »
Shucks,, had a link but lost it !!  The Jazzitha is from the 1920`s and was a premium for selling 18 boxes of chocolate !! Made in Long Island NY !! Was supposed to be a Hawiian one-string Guitar !!  Could also be purchased from ads in the back of magazines for $1.49 !!  One sold in 2009 for $31. but price may be different today !! Do not do anything to them till it can be checked for tidays value !!  What is written on the other one ??  Where did you find these ??

jeff550

• View Profile
Re: Old folk instruments?
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 02:04:34 pm »
Thanks for the info.  As for the other one, it has notes written on it, but no brands or anything.    I'm guessing it is about the same age as the Jazzitha, and I found something that looked almost identical to it that was a Jazzith on the internet, only it had different coloring/markings.  I just found them in my grandmas basement, I don't know anything else about their origin.  Thanks again!