Author Topic: Brass beverage dispenser  (Read 8560 times)

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Brass beverage dispenser
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2015, 07:29:44 pm »
Nope don't have a blog.

But a friend has a chapter about our family in his book "Favorite Tales From Siberia" Randy Black, Author.  It took us just under 6 years and 3 trips to Siberia to get our 2 adopted children from Russia.  He was a big help to us.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Jlsherf

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2015, 07:33:47 pm »
How wonderful!  I will have to look for the book.  What a journey that must have been.  And I don't just mean the travel!  I love stories of love such as this!  Good for you!
I should have been born in another era!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2015, 07:49:57 pm »
Check at thrift stores for a go-with to replace the little tray !!  Shouldn`t be too hard to find something that would work !!  If you can`t find a brass tray look for a small piece of Limoges and add that for the country French look !!  Selling is all in the story and the presentation !! Take your pics with it sitting on a nice lacy background and throw in a flower or two !! I would even add a small cup and saucer in a country French pattern and a small silver plated spoon !!Just figure your selling price accordingly !! Packages seem to sell well around the Christmas holiday !! I always pick up "go-withs" at garage sales, thrift stores ect !!  You know,,a pretty little cup and saucer for a dollar and cute silver spoon for $.25 !! These are used to spruce up a plain item or as a go-with for an item with a part missing !!

Jlsherf

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2015, 10:45:56 pm »
Great idea Mart.  She usually does have a vignette in her pics!  Since this is her decor style she should have no problem coming up with a beauty!  I do like the idea of a grouping sale!  With a white cup and saucer and spoon maybe a toile napkin in a neutral color.  And of course a small vase with flower.  I can picture it too!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2015, 08:17:56 am »
Would also blend quite well with the Shabby Chic décor !! The wider the target audience,, the better !!

Jlsherf

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2015, 09:00:28 am »
Yes it would!  At this time hubby and I are living with my aunt to take care of her and her rental properties.  All I have to decorate is my bedroom as her house is decorated to her taste.  Oh to have a house again that I could decorate as I want!  But for now God has another plan.  Until then I dream!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2015, 12:05:01 pm »
I'm pretty sure this is for water....HOWEVER, they did use dispensers in the middle east for olive oil!

I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Jlsherf

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2015, 01:59:25 pm »
Olive oil huh?  And it just keeps getting more intriguing!  Lol!  Thanks!  😁

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2015, 03:15:01 pm »
Yes it would!  At this time hubby and I are living with my aunt to take care of her and her rental properties.  All I have to decorate is my bedroom as her house is decorated to her taste.  Oh to have a house again that I could decorate as I want!  But for now God has another plan.  Until then I dream!

But you are doing a good thing !!  Family is important,, you only have one !!

Jlsherf

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2015, 03:36:33 pm »
You are right Mart!  Other than a few cousins she is all we have left of Daddy's family.  We do what we must and we happened to be the only ones in the position to be able to do it.  So it must have been all in God's initial plan.  So I keep reminding myself.....

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2015, 11:40:16 pm »
Totally agree!  Share as much time with family as you can.  They can't be replaced...but your antiques (at least most of them) can!  :)

Jlsherf

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2015, 07:00:38 am »
You're right KC!  We have all lost family.  Would love to have them all back too! I have had to down size so many times that my collection now sits in one Rubbermaid container. They aren't even valuable just to me!  Lol!  Until I get my shelving that's where they will stay.

Guess what!  My sister just told me that the dispenser was sitting on a brass tray but she didn't think anything about it and the seller didn't say anything.  She is going to go back tomorrow and see if she still has it!  She said she almost didn't buy it but my other sister talked her into it.  So she was a little "rattled" at the time.  She is just sick over it!  Cross fingers y'all!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2015, 09:47:04 am »
Crossing my fingers and toes !!  ;D

Jlsherf

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2015, 01:52:52 pm »
Thanks Mart!  Me too!!!!!  I told her even if she doesn't have it to please ask her about the dispenser.  So maybe we will find out some history of it which to me is the best part!

Adair1205

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2015, 03:58:11 am »
That would make perfect sense!
www.casesam.co.uk
casesam covers 20% off
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 08:26:42 pm by Adair1205 »